Who We Are
Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, private commercial office spaces that our members can reserve on-demand and unlock with their smartphones. We’re a venture-backed company focused on giving people productive, professional space when and where they need it. We’re growing extremely quickly and have huge ambitions, and we want you to help us get there!
Breather is seeking an organized and ambitious Construction Coordinator to join its Real Estate team. Reporting to the Construction Project Manager, New York City, the Construction Coordinator will work closely with our real estate, city operations, and design teams to support the planning and execution of small office construction projects in New York City.
- Coordinate and support space planning, documentation, and project management for a high volume of office construction projects up to 4,000 SF, from inception to completion.
- Support real estate personnel by evaluating site due diligence and developing viability assessments, test fits, and other construction documentation.
- Collaborate with Construction Project Manager to support timely and efficient design development, including developing project scope, space plans, and work letters. Interface with the Breather team as well as contractors, architects, and landlord personnel.
- Clearly communicate plans, schedules, and status reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain and update project files, as well as documentation of global construction and finish standards.
- Assist finance team with project cost tracking.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD. Ability to prepare and review test fits, design drawings, construction drawing sets, and documentation including work letters, project charters, and permits applications.
- Broad experience supporting design build and/or office or retail construction projects, with at least 2 years experience in construction or architectural design.
- High attention to detail, with ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with construction methods, building codes, rules and regulations is a plus.
Great work deserves great perks!
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company equity.
- The Breather crew has access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage.
- We’ll provide the digital toolset and whatever else that you need to do your best work.
- Free access to the Breather network of over 300 spaces (and growing, fast!).
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events.
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team.