Who We Are
Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, private commercial office spaces that our members can reserve on-demand and unlock with their smartphones. We’re a venture-backed company focused on giving people productive, professional space when and where they need it. We’re growing extremely quickly and have huge ambitions, and we want you to help us get there!
Breather is seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial Construction Project Manager to join its Real Estate team. Reporting to our VP of Real Estate, the CPM will work closely with our real estate, city operations, and design teams to plan and execute small office construction projects and support Breather’s rapid growth in San Francisco and Los Angeles. The successful CPM will use their construction project experience and keen eye for transformation to develop work-ready, value-engineered solutions for the rapid delivery of beautiful work spaces.
- Lead and coordinate project management for a high volume of office construction projects up to 4,000 SF from inception to completion, including: project planning, cost estimation, budget preparation, bidding, procurement, scheduling, permitting, inspections, quality control, risk management, and project closeout.
- Support real estate teams by evaluating site due diligence and developing viability assessments.
- Develop project scope, budgets, and timelines, including space plans, drawings, and other construction documentation, ensuring timely and efficient design development for each project.
- Collaborate with Breather’s real estate team to review lease documents, support negotiation, and track tenant improvement commitments and work letters.
- Coordinate selection, qualification, and hiring of general contractors, subcontractors, and other service providers as needed.
- Monitor and drive contractor and subcontractor performance (safety, quality, schedule, budget) for each project.
- Conduct on-site project punch list preparation and manage punch list resolution.
- Manage costs within budget and maintain accurate project cost records. Ensure invoices are submitted, approved and submitted in a timely manner.
- Clearly communicate plans, schedules, and status reports.
- You have broad experience managing design build and/or office or retail construction projects, with at least 3 years experience as a project manager in a construction- or design-related field.
- Experience managing a high volume of quick-turnaround projects within budgets.
- REQUIRED: Proficiency in AutoCAD. Ability to prepare and review test fits / design drawings, construction drawing sets, and documentation including work letters, project charters, and permits applications.
- Strong technical construction knowledge and background, including understanding of construction systems, methods, and costs.
- Knowledge of ADA, IBC, and Relevant construction codes, rules and regulations.
- High attention to detail, with ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent budgeting, negotiation, problem solving and communication abilities.
Great work deserves great perks!
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company equity.
- The Breather crew has access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage.
- We’ll provide the digital toolset and whatever else that you need to do your best work.
- Free access to the Breather network of over 300 spaces (and growing, fast!).
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events.
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team.