Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. We're venture-backed. We're growing quickly. We have big ambitions... and we want you to help us achieve them.
As a Backend Engineer for the ETL, you will be a key member of Breather’s platform team. You will be working with our engineering, data, and product teams to:
- Design and build new data models that make analysis and analytics intuitive for clients
- Architect, build and launch efficient and reliable data pipelines to move data to our warehouse;
- Help productionize data products developed within the Insights Team;
- Work across multiple teams and business functions, owning solutions end-to-end.
You are highly motivated and enjoy programming and building things. You have a strong background in computer science. You have a solid understanding of SQL and dimensional data modeling, linux-based systems, networking, and distributed computing.
You have experience with our technology stack, which includes:
- PostgreSQL (required)
- Python (required)
- the Luigi framework
In addition, you have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 3 or more years in an engineering or development role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The need to keep your skillset current; a thirst for knowledge
Great work deserves great perks!
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company equity.
- The Breather crew has access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage.
- We’ll provide the digital toolset and whatever else that you need to do your best work.
- Free access to the Breather network of over 300 spaces (and growing, fast!).
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events.
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team.
Full-time salary and equity compensation based on experience.