Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. We are live in 10 cities across 3 countries and backed by some of the best investors in NYC and Silicon Valley. We enable top companies to do more productive and inspired work and are growing quickly! We're venture-backed; we have big ambitions, and we want you to help us achieve them.
Breather is looking for an experienced Product Manager to help us define the future of our digital product. You will be leading the product roadmap and vision for an autonomous pod representing a core pillar of our business. You will inspire and influence a top tier group of engineers, designers and data scientists to deliver their very best work in the quest to delight our customers. You will get entrepreneurial level ownership over a core part of the Breather experience as we tackle some of our biggest and most exciting challenges yet.
This position is based in Montreal and reports to the Director of Product Management. We are a distributed team at Breather and some travel will be required, mainly to New York City.
- Work closely with key stakeholders across several departments to define the product roadmap and vision, ensure your pod priorities are aligned with this roadmap.
- Oversee the end-to-end product lifecycle, from conducting user research to A/B testing, ruthlessly prioritizing to achieve the best outcomes.
- Leverage data, usability studies, research and market analysis to define clear and concise product requirements, including user stories, mocks and rigorously specific documentation.
- Communicate with engineering in order to understand the complexity and tradeoffs of your decisions in order to make smart choices around prioritization and scope.
- Wear the scrum master and product owner hats, and run meetings, set agendas, and keep teams focused when competing priorities and schedules collide.
- 2+ years of product management experience with a proven track record of successful launches.
- Effective communicator and leader, clearly able to articulate the rationale behind your decisions to your team, company leadership, and other stakeholders.
- Hands-on, able to operate at both the strategic and tactical level, willing to roll up your sleeves and directly contribute however you can.
- Take ownership and initiative, make it a priority to know your customers, stakeholders and the business inside and out in order to contribute to its growth and direction.
- Self-driver, you take direction well but won’t sit still if you don’t have it, independent and unafraid to bring your own perspective and expertise to the table.
- Analytical, very comfortable analyzing and working with data and using it to inform decisions, familiarity with SQL and tools such as Looker and Amplitude a plus.
- Design oriented, focused on the user’s experience, able to think critically about design decisions and push the overall quality forward in partnership with the design and engineering team.
- Mastered PM responsibilities, expert on creating clear specifications, wireframing, prioritizing and organizing sprints, managing your team’s workflow, analyzing and pulling data.
What We Value
At Breather, our company values are not only the principles that link us together in the way we work, but they also keep us aligned on the same path, all working towards connected goals. These standards are what guide us on our collective journey through space(s).
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by all the possibilities that come with working at Breather! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits:
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company equity
- Work when you want, where you want, with the tools you want
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events that interest you and benefit your career growth
- Access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage. Oh, and it’s on us
- Free access to the Breather network of over 400 spaces (and growing, fast!)
- Dog friendly office - bring your dog to work, they’ll find plenty of friends waiting to play with them!
- A great referral program - good people know good people!