Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. We are live in 10 cities across 3 countries and backed by some of the best investors in NYC and Silicon Valley. We enable top companies to do more productive and inspired work and are growing quickly! We're venture-backed; we have big ambitions, and we want you to help us achieve them.
What to expect
You will be part of Breather’s Engineering Infrastructure team, whose mission is twofold: first, to
ensure the reliability, scalability and efficiency of our systems; and second: to help developers and analysts be more productive and efficient, by providing them with tooling and shared infrastructure.
Our infrastructure is based on:
In this role, you will be working on:
In collaboration with the rest of the engineering team, you will help design systems and applications that are highly available, scalable, and low-latency.
You will ensure our systems are built for resilience and can self-heal and scale automatically with demand. Instrument and monitor our infrastructure so that we can easily query the state of the systems, and are alerted in time when things do go astray.
You will strive to have our infrastructure be reproducible and fully described in code.
Dev / Build / Test / Deployment Pipeline
Our deployment pipeline is one of Breather’s most critical infrastructure components. It is based on Docker, CircleCI, and Terraform. You will work to make it ever faster, reliable and easy to use for developers.
Helpful Skills and Experience you’ll need to succeed:
- Deep understanding of HTTP, DNS, TCP/UDP and IP protocols, and networking in general;
- Proficiency with Linux systems, shell scripting and the Unix toolbelt;
- Solid skills with programming languages such as Python or Ruby;
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Familiarity with Docker and container management systems like ECS, Kubernetes, or Docker Swarm;
- Experience with the AWS platform;
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery systems like CircleCI, Jenkins or CodePipeline.
In addition to experience with some of the technologies we use, you have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years in an engineering role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The need to keep your skillset current; a thirst for knowledge
What We Value
At Breather, our company values are not only the principles that link us together in the way we work, but they also keep us aligned on the same path, all working towards connected goals. These standards are what guide us on our collective journey through space(s).
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by all the possibilities that come with working at Breather! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits:
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company equity
- Work when you want, where you want, with the tools you want
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events that interest you and benefit your career growth
- Access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage. Oh, and it’s on us
- Free access to the Breather network of over 400 spaces (and growing, fast!)
- Dog-friendly office - bring your dog to work, they’ll find plenty of friends waiting to play with them!