Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. We are live in 10 cities across 3 countries and backed by some of the best investors in NYC and Silicon Valley. We enable top companies to do more productive and inspired work and are growing quickly! We're venture-backed, we’re shooting for the stars, and we want you to help us get there.
Every day, thousands of search requests are made by prospective customers seeking a flexible office space solution for their needs. With such high-value transactions on the line, it is critical to help these clients find their ideal space as quickly as possible. As a data scientist on the search and discovery team at Breather, you will design and optimize the algorithms for exactly that purpose. Starting with improving the performance of Breather’s search engine, you will quickly begin building out a suite of recommender systems as well. In addition, your Python and R skills will improve as they will be held to production quality standards.
As a Data Scientist at Breather, you will:
- Be responsible for the full production process of a search result relevance model, from choosing the objective function, response variable, and features all the way to creating an API for engineers to connect to your finished model.
- Build and deploy recommender systems after working with the Search and Discovery team to identify the best candidates
- Improve the statistical methodology behind our experimentation platform to ensure that they apply properly to search engines
- Work with the Search and Discovery team to monitor the results of their projects
You will help your team:
- Improve the search experience
- Optimize inventory allocation
- Determine price elasticity
- Develop a strategy for maintaining a wide variety of data products
Helpful Skills and Experience you’ll need to succeed:
- 2+ years experience as data scientist
- 2+ years experience in Python and/or R for data analysis, modelling and visualization (ideally both)
- Fluency in at least one scripting language
- Strong fundamentals in machine learning and statistics
- Effortless SQL and data munging skills
- Solid understanding of relational database design
- Ability to explain complex issues in technical and non-technical terms
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity and commitment to self-improvement
- Sincere passion for your work
- Strong business intuition and the ability to connect technical work to business objectives
- Ability to explain complicated things simply, demonstrating empathy for your audience
What We Value
At Breather, our company values are not only the principles that link us together in the way we work, but they also keep us aligned on the same path, all working towards connected goals. These standards are what guide us on our collective journey through space(s).
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by all the possibilities that come with working at Breather! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits:
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup committed to modernizing the commercial real estate industry
- Competitive salary and equity compensation based on experience
- Work when you want, where you want, with the tools you want
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events that interest you and benefit your career growth
- Access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage. Oh, and it’s on us
- Free access to the Breather network of over 400 spaces (and growing, fast!)
- Dog friendly office - bring your dog to work, they’ll find plenty of friends waiting to play with them!
- A great referral program - good people know good people!