Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. We are live in 10 cities across 3 countries and backed by some of the best investors in NYC and Silicon Valley. We enable top companies to do more productive and inspired work and are growing quickly! We're venture-backed; we have big ambitions, and we want you to help us achieve them.
Under supervision of the Controller, the Accounts Payable Specialist role is a full-time position responsible for overseeing the accounts payable function. This will include processing approved vendor payments in a timely manner, maintaining accounting records and providing support relating to day-to-day operations of the Finance and Accounting Department. Additionally, this role will be tasked with ensuring sales tax remittance and audit support within Canada, the US, and the UK.
As an Accounts Payable Specialist at Breather, you will:
- Be responsible for high volume, full cycle Accounts Payable processing.
- Open, review, sort and obtain approvals on all new A/P bills.
- Facilitate bill payment in a timely and accurate manner.
- Audit all entries for coding and proper authorization level in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Prepare batch entry report for approval.
- Maintain A/P system records including but not limited to collection of W9’s, assignment of payment terms, and vendor contact information.
- Work closely with the Controller to continually improve the A/P close process. Review, correct and distribute reports as assigned.
- Respond to all inquiries in a professional and prompt manner. Keep the Controller informed of important issues and critical situations.
- Prepare and distribute vendor related tax forms and government filings.
- Assist with annual audits including preparation of audit schedules.
- Provide supporting documentation for quarterly sales tax returns in each of our tax jurisdictions.
- Perform other related duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
Helpful Skills and Experience you’ll need to succeed:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution strongly preferred.
- Minimum three to five years’ experience with Accounts Payable function preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Accounting Functions (AP, AR, GL, and Sub Ledgers preferred).
- Ability to work independently in fast paced, complex and dynamic environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, a professional demeanor and to represent the organization in a positive manner at all times.
- Must be a dynamic self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently on special projects.
- Bilingual (English and French).
What We Value
At Breather, our company values are not only the principles that link us together in the way we work, but they also keep us aligned on the same path, all working towards connected goals. These standards are what guide us on our collective journey through space(s).
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by all the possibilities that come with working at Breather! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits:
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company options
- Work when you want, where you want, with the tools you want
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events that interest you and benefit your career growth
- Access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage. Oh, and it’s on us
- Free access to the Breather network of over 400 spaces (and growing, fast!)
- Dog friendly office - bring your dog to work, they’ll find plenty of friends waiting to play with them!
- A great referral program - good people know good people!