Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. We are live in 10 cities across 3 countries and backed by some of the best investors in NYC and Silicon Valley. We enable top companies to do more productive and inspired work and are growing quickly! We're venture-backed; we have big ambitions, and we want you to help us achieve them.
About the role
Our Engineering team is looking for a Support Engineer to help with a number of engineering initiatives which help keep our user experience frictionless. This role will involve taking in, documenting, and triaging engineering support request tickets after they have been escalated by our Customer Care department (30-40%). The other 60-70% of the role will involve coding and deploying fixes to these issues and/or taking on and developing features from the engineering backlog.
This is a Full-stack role and you will use a number of modern web technologies including React + Redux, ES6, Styled-Components, Jest, Node.js, & MongoDB.
You will be part of a team and well-supported by friendly and encouraging engineers. You should be self-motivated and eager to find solutions to the issues that arise on your own, but you will always have someone to turn to if you are stuck.
As a Jr. Support Engineer at Breather you will:
- Identify problematic / buggy pieces of code and develop fixes for them
- Respond to incoming engineering support requests, triage issues, identify scope and gather information to ensure cases are properly documented
- Work with Operations to update and distribute documentation
- Analyze logs to uncover hidden issues
- Work closely with the Product Managers and Owners to identify bottlenecks and stress points in the workflows
Helpful Skills and Experience You’ll Need to Succeed:
- You love a good puzzle, have a thirst for knowledge and are driven to keep your skill-set current
- You have experience with some (bonus if all) of the following: React / Redux, Backbone.js, Node.js & MongoDB
- You’re highly organized, like to keep things clean and well-documented, and are great at prioritizing
- You’re self-directed and have a high degree of ownership and accountability
- You’re an excellent written and verbal communicator.
What We Value
At Breather, our company values are not only the principles that link us together in the way we work, but they also keep us aligned on the same path, all working towards connected goals. These standards are what guide us on our collective journey through space(s).
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by all the possibilities that come with working at Breather! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits:
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company equity
- Work when you want, where you want, with the tools you want
- Company-funded professional development events that interest you & benefit your career growth
- Access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage. Oh, and it’s on us.
- Free access to the Breather network of over 500 spaces (and growing, fast!)
- Dog friendly office - bring your dog to work, they’ll find plenty of friends waiting to play with them!