Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. We're venture-backed. We're growing quickly. We have big ambitions... and we want you to help us achieve them.
The Assistant Buyer will assist the Design and Purchasing Director in creating, entering and maintaining purchase orders (POs). Some of your tasks will include: requesting samples, opening accounts, maintaining the accuracy of our inventory, and keeping all of our documents up to date. You will follow up on all POs and ensure terms and payments are done accurately. You will also be responsible for importing the furniture that will be purchased overseas.
We are looking for a candidate who is excited to own the project of building our first Breather library of suppliers and finishes for all the items we order. You will work in conjunction with the Design, Finance and Operations teams to ensure that each new Breather space launches in a timely manner without sacrificing the high quality standards that defines Breather.
You will be joining a small, scrappy team, and this will be an amazing opportunity for you to leave your mark on the purchasing department and help build and perfect our processes.
As an Assistant Buyer at Breather, you will:
- Create purchase orders and follow-up with domestic and overseas suppliers
- Manage the logistics required to import our selection in multiple warehouses
- Inventory control and managing assortment of used and new items
- Create and conduct various documents to optimize inventory status (old inventory cleanup lists, update prices)
- Take care of all refunds, exchanges, credits and warranties
- Purchase and follow-up on all domestic items and essentials
- Request, build and maintain design library and sample room
- Work closely and provide support for all financial dept requests, apply terms of payment
- Train suppliers on Breather’s request for shipping, standards and information relative to product
- Train the city teams on new product knowledge
- Collect standards and test reports needed for any furniture compliance from supplier base
- Work closely with the city teams and operations for purchasing needs, solutions and requests
- All other duties associated to the position
Helpful Skills and Experience You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 3-5 years experience in an assistant buying role with experience in direct import.
- Good knowledge of, and experience with, direct import and logistics terms.
- You are methodical and detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and have experience collaborating with various internal teams and negotiating with external suppliers.
- Able to prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Tech savvy - good Excel skills and experience with multiple softwares & platforms .
- Great attitude, energetic, and a strong team player.
- Bilingual, with excellent written English skills.
- Knowledge of a third language is an asset.
What We Value
At Breather, our company values are not only the principles that link us together in the way we work, but they also keep us aligned on the same path, all working towards connected goals. These standards are what guide us on our collective journey through space(s).
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by all the possibilities that come with working at Breather! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits:
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company options
- Work when you want, where you want, with the tools you want
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events that interest you and benefit your career growth
- Access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage. Oh, and it’s on us
- Free access to the Breather network of over 400 spaces (and growing, fast!)
- Dog friendly office - bring your dog to work, they’ll find plenty of friends waiting to play with them!
- A great referral program - good people know good people!