Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. We are live in 10 cities across 3 countries and backed by some of the best investors in NYC and Silicon Valley. We enable top companies to do more productive and inspired work and are growing quickly! We're venture-backed; we have big ambitions, and we want you to help us achieve them.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join one of our cross-functional teams in Montreal. Designing products and interfaces should be your passion. You will contribute to the product vision and help ensure its usability by testing with real people.
As a vital member of a product team, you will work alongside product managers, researchers, and engineers. You’ll bring your specialized usability knowledge to the team, ensuring projects get systematically tested with users throughout the development cycle and communicate your findings back to the team. Feedback should motivate and inspire you as you’ll be helping to build a culture of user-centered design throughout the company.
At Breather, you will:
- Be part of a fast-moving cross-functional team based on agile methods
- Participate in design sprints and help validate new feature ideas
- Help create low- and high-fidelity prototypes that support your design decisions
- Run user tests & look at metrics on how your designs are performing
- Handle every part of the design process, from user flow and validation, to deployment.
- Work with our current design system and contribute to its development on every platform
- Improve design workflows and design knowledge in the company
- 3-5 years of experience bringing digital products to life
- Experience running usability tests, wireframing and prototyping, with a great toolkit of user-centered design methods
- The ability to articulate the ‘why’ and lead discussions within your team around your process, explorations, and conclusions
- The ability to translate stakeholder goals, user research, and complex user flows into clean, usable UIs
- A solid portfolio of product work that can speak to both your UX and visual design skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A powerful intellectual curiosity
What We Value
At Breather, our company values are not only the principles that link us together in the way we work, but they also keep us aligned on the same path, all working towards connected goals. These standards are what guide us on our collective journey through space(s).
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by all the possibilities that come with working at Breather! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits:
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company equity
- Work when you want, where you want, with the tools you want
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events that interest you and benefit your career growth
- Access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage. Oh, and it’s on us
- Free access to the Breather network of over 500 spaces (and growing, fast!)