Breather creates and curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. We are live in 10 cities across 3 countries and backed by some of the best investors in NYC and Silicon Valley. We enable top companies to do more productive and inspired work and are growing quickly! We're venture-backed; we have big ambitions, and we want you to help us achieve them.
About the role
Our Web Engineering team is looking for a Front-End Developer with an eye for UI design to lead the optimization of our main client-facing application: breather.com. Using modern web technology including React+Redux, ES6+, Styled-Components, Jest, and atomic design, you will build incredibly intuitive UIs, while improving testing and performance optimization to create a frictionless user experience.
On the breather.com team, you will:
- Build beautiful, isolated web components in React and integrate them into our web applications
- Work across teams to implement add-on features to bookings and upscale our services to users
- Optimize application performance such as load time for locations pages
- Work with product teams to implement event-based analytics using Segment
- Work with the engineering team to maintain and improve our front-end global architecture
- Improve our end-to-end test coverage
- Contribute to our engineering team’s open-source initiative
You are a front-end whiz. You know how to make a page load fast. You understand the difference between null and undefined and you can find creative solutions to problems outside your main skill-set. In addition to experience with some of the technologies we use, you have the following:
- A post-secondary degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent hands-on experience
- 2+ years in an engineering or development role
- The need to keep your skill-set current and a thirst for knowledge
- Links to live, on-the-web examples of your work (Github, Stack Overflow, etc.)
What We Value
At Breather, our company values are not only the principles that link us together in the way we work, but they also keep us aligned on the same path, all working towards connected goals. These standards are what guide us on our collective journey through space(s).
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by all the possibilities that come with working at Breather! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits:
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company equity
- Work when you want, where you want, with the tools you want
- Company-funded professional development events that interest you & benefit your career growth
- Access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage. Oh, and it’s on us.
- Free access to the Breather network of over 500 spaces (and growing, fast!)
- Dog friendly office - bring your dog to work, they’ll find plenty of friends waiting to play with them!