We Power. You Insure.
Breathe Life is accelerating the delivery of financial security products. Our enterprise SaaS distribution platform increases speed of delivery and reduces operational costs for the distribution of financial security products. Using the Breathe Life platform, insurers can stay ahead of the game and families everywhere can get the financial protection they need.
With significant financial backing from industry veteran angel investors from AXA, AIG, and RGA, along with institutional backing from Diagram Ventures, and Real Ventures, our funding portfolio gives us a unique advantage in the industry.
At our core, we are building a Software as a Service platform that helps carriers sell more policies.
We are currently looking for a Security and Compliance Manager to join our growing team in Montreal. Our ideal candidate is someone who has deep knowledge of industry compliance and security standards in cloud environments, is methodical, diligent and outstanding in planning abilities.
If you think this describes you well, we want to hear from you!
- Implement an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on industry best practices;
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies;
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously;
- Perform periodic internal quality control including risk management, control effectiveness and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations;
- Draft, modify and implement company policies;
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented and properly documented;
- Collaborate with the engineering team to identify appropriate technical controls;
- Collaborate with various teams to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations;
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training;
- Support our business development team for security assessments from our prospective customers;
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control;
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate;
- Coordinate external audit activities.
Qualities to be successful in this role:
- 3+ years experience in cybersecurity & internal audit;
- Direct experience working with a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution;
- Experience implementing security controls in a cloud-native environment;
- Relevant professional Security Certification (e.g. CISA, CRISC, CISSP, CCSP);
- Knowledge and understanding of industry compliance programs and frameworks (SOC 2, ISO 27001, ISO27018, ISO 27701, CSA Star) and security standards (NIST, CIS);
- Knowledge of the following laws and regulations: PIPEDA, CCPA, HIPAA, GDPR, PCI-DSS;
- Excellent analytical skills, strong writing skills;
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities.
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation plan, including stock options;
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on a product that will change how people think about and purchase Life Insurance;
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative and exciting company that is completely changing an outdated industry;
- A team of very experienced, hard-working, ambitious and caring individuals;
- Four weeks of vacation + one week during the holiday period;
- Three personal days and unlimited sick days;
- The company paid top-tier health benefits plan and a telemedicine service;
- A stipend for your home office setup;
- A day off on your Birthday;
- A flexible work-from-home policy;