We Power. You Insure.
Breathe Life is helping protect families around the world by transforming the way individual insurance is bought and sold today. The API-driven Breathe Life Enterprise Commerce Platform is focused on delivering new business, using advanced analytics and AI to unify customer data into a single view and dispatch leads to the right channel with the right insurance product at the right time. Using the Breathe Life platform, carriers can sell more policies through advisors, direct, or anywhere in between.
With significant financial backing from industry veteran angel investors from AXA, AIG, and RGA, along with institutional backing from Diagram Ventures, and Real Ventures, our funding portfolio gives us a unique advantage in the industry.
At our core, we are building technology that brings financial security to all, whoever and wherever they are.
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team in Montreal. Our ideal candidate is someone who is authentic & positive, a strong team player, accountable & proactive.
If you think this describes you well, we want to hear from you!
- Participate in projects from initial idea to launch;
- Design and implement features in small teams;
- Work closely with peers across functions (dev, design, product, marketing);
- Contribute full-stack features;
- Specialize in important areas that play to your strengths;
- Write software and configuration that defines and manages our deployment using Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform;
- Build reusable components using React, Redux and a modern frontend stack;
- Analyze performance and reliability - data should move fast and accurately;
- Contribute to open source software we use;
- Implement security and data protection best practices;
- Stay up to date on the latest technology and help us stay aligned with emerging best practices where practical;
- Help onboard and ramp up the next software engineers as we grow the team.
What we're looking for:
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in the field;
- Ideally a Bachelor’s degree or more in Computer Science/Software Engineering
- Demonstrated achievements in software development;
- Ability to excel in cross-functional teams and in an agile environment;
- Experience working in a high-growth environment;
- A great track record demonstrating drive and ambition;
- Startup experience or strong interest;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Humility and collaboration.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on a product that will change how people think about and purchase Life Insurance;
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative and exciting company that is completely changing an outdated industry;
- A team of very experienced, hard-working, ambitious and caring individuals;
- Competitive salary and stock options;
- Four weeks of vacation + one week during the holiday period;
- Three personal days and unlimited sick days;
- The company paid top-tier health benefits plan and a telemedicine service;
- A day off on your Birthday;
- A flexible work-from-home policy;
- A kitchen stocked with free snacks and coffee;
- Weekly company lunch;
- A beautiful location in Old Montréal, 10 minutes walk from Square Victoria Metro Station.