We Power. You Insure.
Breathe Life is helping protect families around the world by transforming the way individual insurance is bought and sold today. The API-driven Breathe Life Enterprise Commerce Platform is focused on delivering new business, using advanced analytics and AI to unify customer data into a single view and dispatch leads to the right channel with the right insurance product at the right time. Using the Breathe Life platform, carriers can sell more policies through advisors, direct, or anywhere in between.
With significant financial backing from industry veteran angel investors from AXA, AIG, and RGA, along with institutional backing from Diagram Ventures, and Real Ventures, our funding portfolio gives us a unique advantage in the industry.
At our core, we are building technology that brings financial security to all, whoever and wherever they are.
We are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our growing team in Montreal. Our ideal candidate is someone who is a strong team player, accountable, proactive and resourceful.
What you’d be doing:
- Design and implement a secure SaaS multi-tenant infrastructure that scales;
- Participate in the development of a control plane application layer that automates infrastructure provisioning and abstracts infrastructure complexity;
- Design and implement solutions to help our engineering team ship reliable code faster;
- Work closely with the engineering team and security team to implement automated security controls and gates in our DevSecOps practice;
- Assess priorities and mitigate vulnerabilities detected in our cloud infrastructure;
- Provide support and mentorship to our engineering team on your areas of expertise;
- Analyze performance and reliability - data should move fast and accurately;
- Participate in projects from initial idea to launch;
- Design and implement features in small teams;
- Participate in peer developer code reviews;
- Implement best practices to maintain high availability and business continuity;
- Build monitoring and log management tools that help improve site reliability;
- Stay up to date on the latest technology and help us stay aligned with emerging best practices where practical.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering;
- Solid experience in web development;
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes or similar container technologies;
- Experience managing Cloud Ops (AWS / Google Cloud Platform / Azure);
- Experience with Terraform/Pulumi or similar technologies;
- Interest in building dev tools and improving developer productivity;
- Excellent communications skills in English, French is an asset;
- Hard worker;
What we offer:
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on a product that will change how people think about and purchase Life Insurance;
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative and exciting company that is completely changing an outdated industry;
- A team of very experienced, hard-working, ambitious and caring individuals;
- Competitive salary and stock options;
- Four weeks of vacation + one week during the holiday period;
- Three personal days and unlimited sick days;
- Company paid top-tier health benefits plan and a telemedicine service;
- A day off on your Birthday;
- A generous work-from-home policy;
- A beautiful location in Old Montréal, 10 minutes walk from Square Victoria Metro Station.