We bring financial security to people, whoever and wherever they are.
The Breathe Life vision is to bring financial security to millions of people, whoever and wherever they are by transforming the way individual insurance is bought and sold today. Breathe Life has built a digital transformation platform that delivers a modern, customer-centric experience with tools and analytics that are reshaping the insurance industry and driving business growth.
With significant financial back from Diagram Ventures, Real Ventures and a variety of angel investors, our funding portfolio gives us a unique advantage in the industry.
We are currently looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our growing team in Montreal. Our ideal candidate is someone who is authentic & positive, a strong team player, accountable & proactive.
If you think this describes you well, we want to hear from you!
Come along as we change this high impact industry that inherently touches many, many lives.
- Inspire and help the team elevate the current design foundation for our products;
- Continuously think of new ways to raise the bar by taking a user-first approach to solving problems;
- Participate in shaping the product strategy and vision;
- Look for opportunities to solve problems in unique and creative ways;
- Design user interfaces and user flows;
- Prepare prototypes & design assets for developers;
- Take part in and lead training sessions;
- Present and defend design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles;
- Facilitate design brainstorming and work sessions with business stakeholders and partner teams through the use of collaboration techniques, interactive prototypes, wire-framing of user flows and visual mock-ups;
- Continually keep yourself and the team updated with the latest changes in our industry’s standards;
- Analyze and communicate issues to the software engineer team;
- Conduct research into competitor products and UX to identify opportunities in digital products and designs that provide a competitive edge;
- Other design tasks related to Marketing, and Sales and Operations, such as creating pitch decks, videos, 1-pager etc.
Qualities to be successful in this role:
- Five or more years of experience and proven track record;
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams;
- Humble, collaborative and passionate;
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders;
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc;
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision;
- Creative ideas with a problem-solving mindset;
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process;
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it;
- Based in Montreal.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on a product that will change how people think about and purchase Life Insurance;
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative and exciting company that is completely changing an outdated industry;
- A team of very experienced, hard-working, ambitious and caring individuals;
- Competitive salary and stock options;
- Four weeks of vacation + one week during the holiday period;
- Three personal days and unlimited sick days;
- The company paid top-tier health benefits plan and a telemedicine service;
- A day off on your Birthday;
- A flexible work-from-home policy;
- A kitchen stocked with free snacks and coffee;
- Weekly company lunch;
- A beautiful location in Old Montréal, 10 minutes walk from Square Victoria Metro Station.