We bring financial security to people, whoever and wherever they are.
The Breathe Life vision is to bring financial security to millions of people, whoever and wherever they are by transforming the way individual insurance is bought and sold today. Breathe Life has built a digital transformation platform that delivers a modern, customer-centric experience with tools and analytics that are reshaping the insurance industry and driving business growth.
With significant financial back from Diagram Ventures, Real Ventures and a variety of angel investors, our funding portfolio gives us a unique advantage in the industry.
Come along as we change this high impact industry that inherently touches many, many lives.
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer - Full Stack to join our growing team in Montreal. Our ideal candidate is someone who is authentic & positive, a strong team player, accountable & proactive.
If you think this describes you well, we want to hear from you!
What you’d be doing:
- Participate in projects from initial idea to launch;
- Design and implement features in small teams;
- Work closely with peers across functions (dev, design, product, marketing);
- Contribute full-stack features;
- Specialize in important areas that play to your strengths;
- Write software and configuration that defines and manages our deployment using Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform;
- Build reusable components using React, Redux and a modern frontend stack;
- Analyze performance and reliability - data should move fast and accurately;
- Contribute to open source software we use; -Implement security and data protection best practices;
- Stay up to date on latest technology and help us stay aligned with emerging best practices where practical;
- Help onboard and ramp up the next software engineers as we grow the team.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or more in Computer Science or Software Engineering OR
- Demonstrated achievements in software development;
- Experience working in a high-growth startup environment;
- A great track record demonstrating growth and drive;
- Excellent communications skills (English - French);
- Hard worker;
What we'd like to see:
- Startup experience or interest;
- Mastery or strong interest in technologies we use.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on a product that will change how people think about and purchase Life Insurance;
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative and exciting company that is completely changing an outdated industry;
- A team of very experienced, hard-working, ambitious and caring individuals;
- Competitive salary and stock options;
- Four weeks of vacation + one week during the holiday period;
- Three personal days and unlimited sick days;
- Company paid top-tier health benefits plan and a telemedicine service;
- A day off on your Birthday;
- A generous work-from-home policy;
- A kitchen stocked with free snacks and coffee;
- Weekly company lunch;
- A beautiful location in Old Montréal, 10 minutes walk from Square Victoria Metro Station.