Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are seeking an experienced visual designer to join our product design team. Visual designers own the visual language that makes up the end to end look and feel of our product interface – from improving upon our current visual style and ensuring its consistent application, to creating new pixel perfect UI for our platform, visual designers are an integral part of our team. You will work with user experience designers, product managers and engineers to bring thoughtful, user-centered solutions to life.
- Build and maintain the visual design and interaction system for the Braze platform
- Interpret wireframes and user-centered design requirements to turn them into pixel-perfect visuals with impeccably thought out interactions
- Regularly collaborate with User Experience Designers, Product Managers and Engineers
- Understand the use cases and flows that make up our customer’s experiences and enhance them by contributing to the success of new features and iterating on areas of our existing UI
WHO YOU ARE
- 3+ years as a User Interface or Visual Designer in the digital space
- Ability to write HTML/CSS
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. You are proactive, and ask meaningful questions, and can identify the right people to answer them. You establish the most effective ways of communicating your ideas based on your audience, and also seek and provide constructive and critical feedback on work during all stages of the design and implementation process
- A portfolio that showcases strong interaction design, visual design, and typographic skills, and demonstrates how integral those skills are to the success of a product
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team and balance multiple projects at once
- Ability to create development-ready assets and specifications to be used by engineers
- Experience prototyping interactions and/or demonstrating transitions with motion design
- Proficiency using industry standard design applications such as Sketch, and InVision.
- Bonus Points:
- Penchant for illustration and iconography
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Experience working on product or application design strongly preferred
- Experience building and maintaining a design system
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.