Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
As a Senior Customer Success Manager, you will be the relationship owner of a portfolio of Braze’s strategic clients. You will optimize your clients' experience of and value from Braze by being a trusted advisor helping them get the most from Braze by acting as their day to day support contact and as a strategic marketing and technology consultant.
As part of the Braze Customer Success Team, you will help clients solve technical challenges and answer product questions. Furthermore, you will be at the frontline of our product development, gathering client suggestions and taking an active role in prioritizing our development roadmap.
This is an opportunity to bring your skills as a consultant, business analyst, project manager or customer success professional along with high level of curiosity about all things tech, and expand your knowledge of Direct Marketing, Mobile Marketing Automation, APIs and Analytics.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Ensure that customers feel empowered to use Braze independently, and are seeing value from our product.
- Help customers feel a connection to the larger Braze product team and that they have a voice in the future direction of our company.
- Provide continuing education for customers to maximize product usage.
- Hit client renewal targets.
- Own and assume ultimate responsibility for customer renewals for accounts in your name.
- Act as your clients first point of contact for all strategy, and product training inquiries, as well as non-technical support questions.
- Drive feature adoption through targeted on-going training of clients
- Distribute product expertise through delivery of training and planning workshops to clients.
- Pro-actively analyze customer product usage and provide strategic advice to the customer around how they can better engage their customers with Braze through ad-hoc communications, Quarterly Check-Ins and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Work with Onboarding Managers to seamlessly transition clients from on-boarding to active users.
- Maintain ongoing regular contact with clients.
- Solicit and synthesize customer product feedback for consumption by our product and engineering teams to drive product development.
WHO YOU ARE
Who will be a success on the Customer Success Team:
- People say you’re a great communicator!
- You have exemplary written and verbal communication skills coupled with unparalleled follow up skills. You leave people with the impression that you are really listening to them and understand their problem.
- You’re known for being a “team player.” We just can’t emphasize this enough.
- High level of intellectual curiosity. You see opportunity and growth in learning more about what you do and how it impacts others.
- You have experience managing complex accounts or projects with sophisticated client team.
- You have domain knowledge of two or more of the following: SaaS, Mobile, APIs, Marketing Automation, Direct Marketing, Marketing Analytics or Programming (even just HTML).
- 5+ years of experience
WHAT WE OFFER
A great tech startup culture where openness, curiosity, collaboration and career growth are encouraged and supported. You’ll also have the opportunity to work, daily, with Braze’s clients, many of whom are the most innovative and exciting enterprise and mobile brands in the world.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) matching, life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.