Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a Product Manager to join Braze’s Data Products team.
The Data Products team builds and maintains products that provide our customers detailed data about their marketing and how their customers interact with their products and communications. This amounts to tens of billions of messages daily, all in near real time, allowing Braze to be a key, fully-integrated, operational component of our customers’ systems. We provide this data through two products:
- Currents, which sends data to other ISVs that our customers use (analytics platforms, CDPs, attribution providers, and more - our partner list is growing rapidly), and to cloud storage destinations (S3, Google Cloud Storage, Azure) for other downstream customer use.
- Snowflake Data Sharing, which sits on top of our multi-PB data warehouse built on Snowflake, our partner and the most innovative cloud warehouse vendor in the space.
- In addition to sharing data back to our customers, this data is used to power a variety of other use cases as well, both internally and externally. Some examples are:
- Various customer-facing reports
- Training our Machine Learning models that our customers then use to deliver more effective messaging to their customers
- Calculating benchmarks for marketing engagement and performance per industry, which we make available as a public service for all marketers to improve their practice
- Business intelligence
We are constantly innovating and actively considering additional data products to build to take advantage of the most contemporary trends in our customers’ data strategies and stay at the leading edge for them, many of whom are innovation leaders in their respective industries.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Product Managers at Braze build the product roadmap for a given product area and work closely with engineers and product designers to bring new products and features to life
- Deeply understand our customers, market, and technology environment
- Understand customer needs for data and its timeliness, format, and semantics
- Deliver the product roadmap, ensuring that we are building the right products excellently
- Ensure the continued quality of Braze’s Data Products offerings
- Manage the product roadmap for our Data Products team – analyzing inputs from a wide variety of sources to prioritize the most important next steps for our product
- Improve our processes to allow us to iterate more rapidly with less impact on our customers
WHO YOU ARE:
- 2+ years of work experience
- Familiarity with schema and/or API design, database performance characteristics, systems integration
- Strong communication, collaboration, organization, and persuasion skills
- A proactive, positive, can-do attitude. You drive projects to completion excellently, and are always looking for new ways that processes and products can be improved
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team and balance multiple projects at once
- Eagerness to learn and grow
- Bonus Points:
- Experience at a B2B SaaS company
- Marketing industry experience or subject matter expertise
- Experience product managing APIs or Data Products
- Product management experience
- Software engineering experience
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.