WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Braze is looking for a pro-active, business-oriented, and tech-savvy senior product counsel to join our dynamic and rapidly growing legal team and to support its Product and Services teams. You will play an important role in driving compliance policies and processes relating to product development, privacy, tech ecosystem and integrations. You will need to effectively collaborate with colleagues around the company to solve intricate problems.
This is a great opportunity for a lawyer to join a leading technology company that is growing quickly and scaling wisely. We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual, team-player, quick thinker, ready to roll up his/her/their sleeves and get going! And finally, we are seeking someone who will care deeply about the employee experience and is able to enjoy and contribute to fostering a positive work culture.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide guidance to executives, engineers, product managers and data teams, on issues related to new and existing services, products, and features throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Identify legal issues in connection with product build, by partnering early on in the design process and developing an in-depth product knowledge.
- Legal point of contact for everything related to launching new products or offerings, beta programs, addition of new features, sunsetting features, etc.
- Serve as a resident expert and resource on issues related to SaaS product lifecycle and data protection as these topics relate to Braze’s products and services.
- Review and negotiate complex agreements with service providers and technology partners.
- Work with our Tech Partners on legal aspects of technology partnerships and integrations.
- Provide strategic and timely training to internal teams on relevant issues and processes.
- Build cross-functional relationships with business teams as well as other internal stakeholders.
- Advise on litigation matters, leveraging deep product knowledge to support patent counsel.
- Own regulatory compliance across Braze’s product suite, with a deep knowledge of regulatory frameworks and their impact.
- Strategize and drive Braze’s robust patent program.
- Provide technical context from a legal point of view to customers during negotiation, as needed.
WHO YOU ARE
- Law degree and admitted to practice in at least one US jurisdiction
- 5+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Experience negotiating and drafting technology agreements
- Familiar with key regulatory requirements in the SaaS space, familiarity with privacy law a huge plus
- Experience understanding complex technical specifications (tech degree or technical background a plus), demonstrating a keen interest and strong understanding of software code and infrastructure (API, SDK, partner integrations, etc.)
- Sound and practical business judgment
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly responsive with a service-oriented attitude
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Collaborative team player combined with ability to work independently
- Sense of humor
- In-house experience at a technology company, with significant transactional and product counseling experience
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) a plus
- Substantive expertise in laws governing marketing and advertising law (e.g., TCPA, CAN-SPAM Act, GDPR, CCPA, E-Privacy)
- Experience dealing with OSS terms
- Telecommunications (SMS/MMS in particular) legal experience a plus
- Substantive expertise in laws governing cookies and other tracking technologies
- Well-grounded knowledge of intellectual property law
- Process-oriented with experience managing projects
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.