Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
As an Email Deliverability Principal, you will be a part of our senior customer-facing deliverability team. You’ll work directly with our customers to provide your expertise and consultative services, reporting, best practices, and recommendations to improve their email programs and get the most out of Braze. Teams at Braze work collaboratively to deliver great customer experiences. You’ll be a close partner with our Customer Success, Technical Support, Sales, and Growth Teams to develop and iterate on strategies that improve both our customers and our teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide consultative email deliverability professional services to our customers
- Conduct in-depth investigations, reviews, and audits into email sending practices
- Assist customers with blocklists, spam traps, and issues with ISPs
- Monitor delivery metrics and create plans to improve their outcomes
- Provide in-depth analysis of performance quality measurements, to ensure customer programs are continuously improving and adhering to best practices
- Work closely with product and development teams to improve email reporting in the Braze Dashboard
- Take an active role in thought leadership through writing blogs, articles, and whitepapers
- Help manage strategic projects to help improve the tools and services offered by the deliverability team
- Work with the sales organization and new customers to underscore the value and need for deliverability expertise during the pre-sales cycle
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
A great tech startup culture where openness, curiosity, collaboration, and career growth are encouraged and supported. You’ll also have the opportunity to work, daily, with Braze’s customers, many of whom are the most innovative and exciting enterprise and mobile brands in the world.
WHAT YOU HAVE
Who will be a success in this role:
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in an analytic, data-driven email deliverability role
- Experience in a customer-facing role, preferably at an ESP serving multiple senders
- Have good customer-facing skills and presentation chops
- Be able to run reports on email deliverability, as well as analyze them and make recommendations based on that analysis
- Experience with third-party testing and analysis tools, like Email on Acid, Litmus, Return Path, 250OK, and SNDS
- Familiarity with authentication protocols (e.g., DKIM, SPF, DMARC)
- Working knowledge of common, email-related DNS record types and their functions
- Familiarity with bounce handling and categorization
- Familiarity with spam regulations, like CAN-SPAM and CASL
- Have great knowledge and standing within the email deliverability community, including industry groups like M3AAWG
- Have some flexibility to travel occasionally to Braze offices, and to participate in person at email industry events
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.