WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
As a Technical Account Manager you will serve as a partner for the Customer Success Team owning the ongoing technical relationship throughout the customer lifecycle. This role will serve as a trusted technical advisor responsible for defining the Braze technology strategy for our clients and helping them achieve strong technical use of the Braze platform.
Your focus will be to drive adoption on campaign and reporting deployments of Braze’s product and act as the technical counterpoint between Braze and the client’s product and engineering team. You’ll work to partner and serve as the Technical Subject Matter Expert to support the Customer Success Organization. You will help coordinate post-implementation technical collaboration with Integration and Technical Support for customer issue troubleshooting. You’ll be responsible for rapidly understanding each customer success engineering request from a product SME, business, and technical requirements to drive adoption and ultimately contribute to retention and expansion in the customer lifecycle.
You’ll partner and work off a Success Engineering project based queue and named accounts specific to our enterprise servicing tier of customers that have enterprise organizational structures and architectures -- with the objective of enabling Braze adoption, partnering and empowering long-term value alongside Customer Success Managers.
This is an opportunity to bring your experience as a product and implementation expert, business analyst, technical support solutions, and customer success professional along with a high level of product and technical competence, delivering onsite engagements and training towards adoption. The role requires a fair amount of curiosity and focus, recognized by Business Insider as one of New York’s coolest enterprise startups, and which recently completed rounds of total funding for $100mm.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You’ll be responsible for client success, partnering with the Customer Success Team, to own the technical relationship for assigned accounts and help drive technical adoption, accelerated technical value, and continued technical maturity of the Braze platform for these customers.
- Help customers successfully instrument Braze across their stack and refine that instrumentation over time as the use of Braze matures and becomes even more impactful for those customers
- Facilitate and support product functionality inquiries, recommend solutions, and technical aspects of customer ongoing lifecycle to contribute to renewals and upsell opportunities
- Support and advocate day-to-day inquiries and requests to support efficiency and value in the use of Braze in the ongoing customer lifecycle
- Empower customer product and engineering teams to use our product independently and efficiently as possible.
- Communicate with customers and internal teams to explain products and adoption deployment schedules
- Document technical requirements, create content, estimate schedules and timelines, goals/metrics, and customer objective key results and outcomes
- Conduct validation for product use-cases and technical feasibility for product launch
- Engage with customer marketing, product, and engineering teams to understand their goals for using Braze and how the platform will fit into their tech stack
- Work off a queue of Success Engineer requests to effectively track the differing types of CSM needs, enablement opportunities, measure effectiveness and efficiency, and insights for contributions to technical development role practice at Braze
- Contributes to the design of technical and product adoption plans and scopes of work in partnership with the customer to suit their marketing requirements.
- Coordinate technical effort by Braze resources (Technical Support, Engineering, Product Management) to handle technical issues reported by customers
- Serve the Customer Success Organization by tackling day-to-day technical solution needs and responsiveness for functional product and technical use cases partnering with CSMs
WHO YOU ARE
- 3-5 years account management experience in a related area such as Implementation, Technical Support and/or Customer Success for a technical product offering serving Enterprise/Strategic accounts
- 3+ year technical experience in managing complex customer environments with strong product command and technical knowledge of two or more of the following: SaaS, Mobile, API's or Programming
- At least 2 years experience in a customer facing role with demonstrated examples of significant customer communication and coordination efforts
- You are an excellent communicator (written and verbal skills), able to take complex technical ideas and translate them to non-technical stakeholders to achieve the desired outcome
- Able to work successfully under pressure in a face-paced, dynamic environment
- You are a natural problem solver, with a high level of intellectual curiosity
- You are a team player: you work well with internal stakeholders (Solutions Architects, Customer Success Managers, Technical Support, Braze executives) as well as external stakeholders (technical resources, project management teams, customer executives)
- You are not afraid to commit to significant projects and you have demonstrated experience delivering on those commitments
- You are able to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- You like to build sustainable, lasting relationships with key stakeholders at customer accounts - helping that team achieve results that wouldn’t be possible without you
- You see opportunity and growth in learning more about what you do and how it impacts others
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life
- Free daily lunch and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.