Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Director of Support Operations and Analytics within the Global Technical Support Team, you will be the global champion for identifying, organizing, and ultimately executing significant operational excellence initiatives to improve the quality of support we deliver to our customers. This role is key to ensuring efficient, effective growth of our Global Technical Support Team as we continue to scale. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team within Global Technical Support, you will work closely with key stakeholders both within, and outside of, the support team to identify, organize, and execute significant operational projects that deliver tangible results for Braze and our amazing customers. You will also be the champion for the support tools used within Braze Support, and will help the team continuously evolve our metrics to ensure we are driving the desired outcomes.
Identifying Trends and Themes
You should be passionate about data - because you will be spending a lot of time utilizing the robust data in Technical Support to identify core drivers of customer case volume. You will also use tools like Snowflake to develop reports leading you to identify insights that can deliver breakthrough approaches. You will focus a significant amount of effort each quarter drilling into the data to understand areas for improvement: processes that can be enhanced, product improvements such as usability and educational gaps, and systems that can be implemented to tweaked to achieve better support outcomes. You will need to be confident in dynamically connecting to multiple data sources or warehouses, to shape and transform data in a way that allows you to generate analytical explanations, insights, and models that are consumable and relevant across multiple levels in the business.
Organizing Effort to Deliver
As you mine the data and speak regularly with our support specialists, you’ll discover trends and themes for improvement initiatives and work with leadership teams across the business (Support, Product, Engineering, Partnerships) to prioritize effort around these initiatives. You will need to bring data-driven evidence on the problem you would like to solve and influence leaders as to why these initiatives should be prioritized above other activities. This will also mean you will directly lead and project manage some of these operational excellence initiatives, which may have significant scope and duration.
Executing for Results
You will act as the project lead, or key stakeholder, across all operational excellence initiatives that you identify, ensuring the project achieves the desired outcomes. You’ll coordinate with internal teams, such as enablement, to ensure people, process, and technology are well prepared to execute the mission. You will also focus on the development and ongoing measurement of success Key Performance Indicators for each project, allowing Braze to see the improvements resulting from these initiatives.
WHO YOU ARE
You have worked within a Global Technical Support Team and understand key support drivers for success. You have also had significant experience performing data analysis to identify key insights that can be turned into action. You’ve successfully launched key projects that delivered measurable results and you understand the art and science behind good project management. You get excited by uncovering improvement initiatives from data and you are passionate about being the champion to see these initiatives deliver real results. You’re a team player, a prioritizer, and you are ready to be another key reason why our customers love Braze Technical Support.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university (or similar experience-based proficiency level)
- 5 - 7 years experience in a Technical Support role, either as a senior specialist or, preferably as a member of the management team
- 10 years experience in progressive roles within the technology services industry
- Demonstrated experience with designing and developing support metrics from the ground-up and continuously improving those metrics over time to drive better outcomes.
- Experience with support and delivery of Business-to-Business enterprise SaaS products
- Strong experience in performing data analysis and identifying key trends and themes within the data for actionable insight
- Proven track record of project managing successful global initiatives for real results
- Examples of influential moments when you won over key stakeholders to organize resourcing
- Experience leading teams without direct reporting responsibilities
- Experience with knowledge programs, such as KCS (Knowledge Centered Support)
- Great communication skills and comfort navigating key stakeholder management across a diverse technical audience, including senior leadership
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce.com - specifically creating dashboards, reports
- Extensive experience with data analysis tools such as Looker, PowerBI, or Salesforce Einstein
- Bonus Points:
- Masters or Certification in a Data Analytics or Data Science related field
- Lean Six Sigma Certified
- PMP Certification
- Experience with support tools: PagerDuty and/or Guru
- Experience using Braze
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.