Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
As Director of the Forward Deployed Services Team, you will be responsible for expanding Braze’s professional services portfolio to include on-site engineering support for integrations, platform customizations, and reporting. You’ll also engage with our third-party services partners to help develop a full ecosystem of service solutions. You will report directly to the VP of Growth and responsible for hitting a services revenue target.
Your team of Forward Deployed Engineers and Technical Project Managers will be responsible for rapidly understanding each customer’s business requirements, developing statements of work, and delivering technical solutions built on the Braze platform. The Forward Deployed Team at Braze develops services that are productized and scale, we set up customers for success but do not execute creative on their behalf.
This is an opportunity to bring your extensive experience in professional services, consulting, or project management along with your leadership skills to a business recognized by Business Insider as one of Crain's Fast 50, and which recently completed funding rounds totalling $175mm.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage the Forward Deployed Engineering Team, including nurturing staff development and satisfaction.
- Identify high-impact business opportunities, scope them into scalable services and grow a professional services team to meet market demands.
- Be responsible for your team achieving their KPIs against services revenue, customer satisfaction and time-to-value.
- Guide your team in scoping and delivering successful professional service engagements that support growing and retaining Braze customers.
- Partner with Sales, Account Management, and Customer Success to bring in new services opportunities that are well-scoped and set your team up for success.
- Deliver services that augment a customer’s engineering team to integrate components of the Braze platform, develop reporting on top of Braze data, and ensure customers are empowered to use Braze as independently and efficiently as possible .
- Work with your team to understand each customer's business and technical goals for using Braze, as well as building credible relationships throughout customer organisations, from senior staff to Braze end users.
- Advocate customer business use-cases to product development.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, like Sales, Marketing, Partnerships, Integrations & Onboarding, and Customer Success, at Braze to design and develop efficient processes and ways of working.
- Regular travel to customer’s offices is required.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 6+ years relevant experience in a related area, for example Professional Services, Customer Success, Implementations, Project Management, or Technical Solutions at an agency, consultancy or software company.
- 3+ years experience managing or mentoring technical staff, ideally software engineers.
- Significant project management experience and/or formal certifications (PMP, PMgP, Agile, Prince2, etc).
- You are technical, whether self-taught or formally trained, you can understand and communicate technical ideas with engineers.
- You have exemplary written and verbal communication skills coupled with unparalleled follow up skills.
- You build strong positive relationships with customers and colleagues.
- You are known for being a team player.
- You have a high level of intellectual curiosity.
- You see opportunity and growth in learning more and continuously improving both processes and yourself.
- You are motivated by finding opportunities in emerging parts of the business where process and tools are still being developed.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.