Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Citi, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 list twice, and as one of Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to work.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco and Singapore. And we have 400 employees and are growing!
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced cybersecurity professional to assess and implement security best practices, help Braze protect customer data and develop metrics to measure these goals.
As the first fully dedicated management hire into our security organization, you will be responsible for overseeing and directing information security programs and efforts at Braze. Braze has a small security team but is ISO 27001 certified, undergoes annual SOC 2 Type II audits as well as third-party penetration tests. You’ll be crucial in hiring new team members and further maturing our security practices and programs as Braze.
This position reports directly to the CTO.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage a growing team of information security managers, policy managers and security engineers
- Lead the development of security monitoring and anomaly detection systems
- Develop security policies, controls and incident response planning
- Partner with Braze’s legal team to ensure continued compliance with laws and applicable regulations
- Define cybersecurity objectives and key results for the measurement of Braze’s security program
- Schedule and oversee periodic internal and external security audits
- Manage security incident response and IT forensics
- Advise senior management on organizational cybersecurity posture, industry trends and proactive measures for continuous improvement
WHAT YOU HAVE
- At least 10 years experience in cybersecurity
- Computer Science or IT-related degree preferred
- Strong experience in leading and managing an Information Security team, preferably within a SaaS or high-growth environment
- Understanding of application and database architectures of distributed, highly available systems
- Strong mentorship and communication skills
- Familiarity with ISO 27001 and SOC II audits
- Experience implementing various security tools and programs
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) matching, life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
This position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.