Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco and Singapore. And we have over 400 employees and are growing!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Senior Technical Support Specialist, Team Lead in our Chicago office, you will be an essential part of our Global Technical Support Team that owns the post-sale technical relationship with our customers and will directly manage a local team of Support Specialists. Your role will have two main components: handling and resolving support tickets and managing a growing team of support specialists.
Handling and Resolving Support Tickets
Your focus will be to own, prioritize, troubleshoot, and build a response plan for complex inbound customer support issues relating to our platform. You will work in coordination with your Global Technical Support Leadership and teammates to ensure our customers are able to quickly and successfully overcome any technical issues they may face when using our platform. You’ll also regularly contribute to our knowledge database, helping to “pay it forward” allowing teammates and customers to learn quickly from your insight. Want to learn and grow in the role? Perfect! We will give you plenty of opportunity to become a subject matter expert in our platform and will challenge you with stretch projects that will help you learn about coding, marketing automation, and mobile ecosystems.
Managing the Team
You will be directly managing a small, but growing team of support representatives in the Chicago office, with plans to hire additional team members as our business continues to grow. You will be responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, performance management, and ongoing coaching of employees to deliver exceptional performance. You’ll also focus on planning, assigning, and directing their daily work activities. A big part of your role will be to help implement our global processes across the team to ensure world-class support to our customers. You’ll also take responsibility and pride in helping to grow and develop the amazing support team members across the region. You will act as the regional escalation manager for critical issues, ensuring they get resolved quickly and successfully through a coordinated, process-driven approach.
WHO YOU ARE
You have previous team lead experience or have directly managed a team. People say you’re a great communicator and top-tier problem solver! You have exemplary written and verbal communication skills with unparalleled follow-up skills. You leave people with the impression that you are really listening to them, understand their problem, and you’re there to help. You look for every opportunity to make things better and you’re all about the team. You get a thrill from helping customers and you know that even though the job isn’t easy, you’re making a difference each and every day. You’re naturally curious and you see every problem as an opportunity to learn more or help others (teammates or customers) learn more too.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university (or similar experience-based proficiency level)
- Experience directly managing a team in a managerial or Team Lead capacity
- Management experience with all facets of the employee lifecycle: recruitment, onboarding, training, coaching, performance management, offboarding.
- 5-6 years experience supporting a technical product, ideally in SaaS or Mobile
- Excellent communication skills and customer-centric attitude
- Ability to be part of an “on call” after-hours rotation team
- Experience handling time-sensitive, pressure-intensive customer issues
- Working knowledge of Case Management tools like Salesforce, Zendesk or similar ticketing system
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas and communicating them in a way others can easily understand
- Bonus Points:
- Technical domain knowledge of one or more of the following: SaaS, Mobile, APIs.
- Experience in mobile platforms (Android, iOS)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is Exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.