Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco and Singapore. And we have over 400 employees and are growing!
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Braze is looking for a Corporate Counsel with strong privacy skills to join our dynamic legal team in our London office. You will be responsible for providing legal counsel to a variety of stakeholders in our rapidly growing organization. As a part of a small legal department, you will report to the VP, Legal, Global Privacy & Operations, and will work on a variety of legal matters, with a primary focus on privacy matters; negotiating commercial software as a service (“SaaS”) contracts will also be part of the job as needed. On an ad hoc basis, we touch upon corporate, IP, employment, dispute, marketing, supplier, and other matters. You will have the opportunity to help develop and maintain policies and processes, and to work with other teams (including Sales, Finance, Marketing, and People) to determine best practices, as we scale and grow our business, and you will work with colleagues in the US and internationally, to solve intricate problems. We are seeking a team player. This is a great opportunity for a lawyer to join a leading technology company that is growing quickly and scaling wisely. We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual, quick thinker, ready to roll up his/her sleeves and get going!
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a law degree
- Ideally you are a CIPP and/or CIPM, but someone with a strong background and interest in privacy and willingness to take these certifications will be considered
- You have 3-5 years of relevant legal experience; tech industry experience is a plus
- You have some transactional experience
- Tech-savvy a must: you need to be comfortable with Office Suite on Mac and Google Suite. Use of track changes in Word and filter and formulas in Excel are part of how we work daily. Familiarity with Slack, Salesforce and DocuSign a plus. Quick to learn how to use new software tools essential.
- Curious about data and reporting on Legal department’s activities through tools.
- You have excellent negotiation, drafting, analytical, and communication skills
- You can manage multiple projects at once and will follow through, meet deadlines and take full responsibility for structuring and prioritizing your time
- You work both collaboratively and autonomously
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate win-win
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy a challenge, are self-motivated with a can-do attitude, go the extra mile, and are willing to learn, pitch in and play a significant role.
- Excellent attention to detail
- You have a fantastic sense of humor
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, pension contributions, life insurance, and maternity and paternity leave policies
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Catered lunch/lunch allowance
- Transparent, collegial, multicultural and fun loving office culture
- Internal opportunities to join employee resources groups and various task forces enabling you to develop yourself and work with other employees from various offices to do some good within the company and outside.
- “Braze Cares” program which includes volunteering activities and donation matching.
- Tuition fee reimbursement
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.