Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Citi, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 1.8 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco and Singapore. And we have over 400 employees and are growing!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Overseeing our complete martech stack, you’ll drive how to enable and optimize our demand funnel, programs, channels, and campaigns through best-in-class tech tools by creating, documenting, teaching, and enforcing processes and digital experiences. You’ll focus on building infrastructure, measurement, and reporting capabilities for the growing marketing function through management of our web channel and marketing operations systems.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Demand Generation, you’ll be responsible for optimizing the technology and building the data processes that fuel the marketing team.
The role has four key responsibilities: Technology & Process, Marketing Ops, Website Management, and Reporting & Analytics.
TECHNOLOGY AND PROCESS:
- Oversee the Martech stack at Braze to ensure tools and technologies are being utilized efficiently and strategically.
- Manage technical aspects of key marketing systems (marketing automation, CRM) used to generate, distribute, and report on leads; optimize the technology and build the data processes that fuel the marketing team.
- Manage and build the marketing and campaign operations team with a focus on developing process, driving priorities, and ensuring there is a cohesive creation, execution and testing/optimization strategy to increase engagement.
- Help drive optimizations to and oversee Marketo setup including the lead management, scoring, routing, and nurture process.
- Partner closely with Marketing, Revenue Operations (Salesforce Owners) and the Braze Product Team to ensure that both prospect and customer data hygiene between all systems is maintained.
- Ensure that all marketing functions can leverage data across the MarTech stack efficiently and confidently.
- Contribute to website development with a highly technical approach around analytics, SEO optimization, and delivery of quality traffic to the website
- Collaborate with senior members across the organization to build and own the marketing website strategy, ensuring we meet global business strategies. Lead this cross-functional team through a web redesign project.
- Demonstrate how the website is contributing to funnel goals, with a focus on conversion of leads through contact requests and website effectiveness.
- Lead, build and motivate a team (internal and external agencies or contractors) responsible for web development, Q/A, CMS administration, website production, UX, and reporting. Drive the cross-departmental engagement required to steward the website’s voice, design, and messaging.
REPORTING AND ANALYTICS:
- Lead efforts to define and implement frameworks for measuring, reporting and analyzing marketing results including business impact of campaigns and tactics.
- Partner closely with internal BI team to define business requirements needed for advanced reporting and analytics.
- Develop tracking and reporting methodology, leveraging Google Analytics, SFDC and Marketo to report on performance at the asset and campaign level and across all touch points and channels. Partner with external media agency to streamline reporting.
- Drive our testing methodology and cadence to ensure that we are constantly in “test and learn” mode;
WHAT YOU BRING
- 8+ years of web marketing, marketing ops, or similar combination including experience leading and managing teams.
- Proven track record of managing and executing large number of web projects integrated with other channels, involving many stakeholders and agencies, and defined KPIs.
- Deep understanding of the latest marketing tools and technologies and experience reviewing and vetting tools.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of managing a website including analytics, UX, technical and content SEO, domain management, platform tools and budgeting.
- Knowledge of the B2B marketing demand funnel, programs, and metrics that drive revenue with experience reporting on metrics and driving optimizations.
- Curiosity about new ways to improve our digital channels productivity, stakeholder engagement efficiency, business process improvement, and user experience ROI.
- Strong understanding of UX, web design, analytics testing, information architecture, metadata, taxonomy, and their inter-relationships within the website channel.
- Knowledge of GDPR and similar data governance practices.
- Proven track record of inheriting and improving existing technologies and implementing new technologies.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making skills to promptly navigate obstacles, resolve issues, and effectively advocate for your team.
- Experience with Google Analytics, SEO, technical SEO, Craft or other CMS, lead management and nurture, Salesforce, Marketo.
- Data-driven marketing strategy, planning, budget allocation and organizational alignment experience
- Ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations and business objectives into marketing goals and measurements: you know what to track and what matters.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and project management skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily catered lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.