Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Citi, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 1.8 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and as one of Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to work.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco and Singapore. And we have 380 employees and are growing!
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
The SVP of Sales, Americas is a senior management role with responsibility for new business ACV quota across the Enterprise and Commercial sales teams. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience selling SaaS products to Enterprise-level clients, strategic accounts and in higher run-rate environments as well as operating in high growth technology sectors. Experience will include at least 7 years of tenure in a Sales leadership role. This role can be based in either New York City or San Francisco.
The candidate will have a broad network, mature sales acumen and experience in hiring and developing world-class SaaS sales teams as a result of a high performing career in quota carrying roles.
The SVP Sales will be responsible for driving large, complex transactions as well as higher cadence transactions, while ensuring consistent and predictable growth and success. The ideal candidate will have experience in marketing automation, CRM, email or related marketing technologies, be a thought-leader for innovation and disruptive technologies, have a “customer-first” mentality and represent Braze within the local ecosystem of employees, customers, partners and other stakeholders. This position will report directly to the CRO.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Set and execute an aggressive customer acquisition strategy
- Align go-to-market teams (BDR, marketing, Strategic Business Consulting, Solutions Consulting, executive) to execute the FY plan and represent a clear, single vision to customers and the marketplace
- Manage overall sales process and provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Hire, nurture and performance manage a team of world-class sales talent
- Be a proactive representative within the senior leadership team
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Minimum of 10 years proven experience in SaaS sales, including Enterprise sales, and consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals
- At least 7 years experience managing a regional team of sales executives, preferably in marketing technology
- Strong track record of recruiting, developing and retaining high performing enterprise sales organization
- Able to work cross-functionally with Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales Operations
- A proven connector in daily life through social media and other mediums
- Up-to-date on digital and application trends, especially in the mobile space
- Proven success navigating large organizations and ability to quickly identify the decision makers and decision-making process for large SaaS investments
- Prior experience in a startup technology company a plus
- Strong operational and analytical abilities
- Outstanding verbal, written and stand-up presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) matching, life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
This position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.