WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Citi, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 1.8 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and as one of Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to work.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco and Singapore. And we have 380 employees and are growing!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are looking for an External Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager that will build-out our financial reporting process. The manager will ensure that the Company’s financial statements are prepared in accordance with SEC reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley Act requirements. This individual will also assist in developing and maintaining accounting policies and guidance in accordance with FASB requirements. This role will be a key contributor in preparing the Company for public readiness and work closely with the Accounting, Finance and Legal teams.
- Build out the Company’s external financial reporting process, including SEC filings (Form 10K’s, 10Q’s, etc.), XBRL and earnings releases
- Monitor and interpret new SEC and FASB Accounting Standards, research technical accounting issues and prepare memorandums to document the impact to the Company
- Prepare quarterly financial statements, including the Statement of Cash Flows
- Ensure company’s accounting is in compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Assist with the preparation or review of stock-based compensation accounting, earnings per share and other equity accounting analyses, reconciliations and journal entries for month-end close
- Support the annual audit and preliminary activities with external auditors, as needed
- Partner with the accounting and finance department to create a high-performance team capable of meeting the Company’s and the department’s objectives
- Ad hoc projects and research as needed
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- 5+ years of experience in SEC Reporting
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization, from clerical staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP and Section SOX of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manages competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines
- 4+ years audit experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm
- SaaS or Technology industry experience
- Experience with 10Q/10K filings
- IPO Experience
- Understanding of NetSuite or other ERP systems
- Experience with Workiva or similar software solution
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
- Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily catered lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.