Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a technical writer, your work will be collaborative, working across teams to get the right information to create written training resources, some technical, some navigational, and some strategy. You'll be writing documentation about our SaaS marketing tool and training on how to use it effectively.
Your content will not only shape how our Fortune 500 clients learn to use our platform, your work will also inform how they drive their marketing programs forward in general. Effective documentation and training is a massive part of SaaS product support and the business's bottom line revenue. Working with the client education team, you'll be exposed to various creative projects, with an opportunity to eventually own projects and oversee them to completion.
- Researching/crowd-sourcing information on our engagement tool by using available resources and having conversations with subject matter experts
- Writing documentation articles for our User Guide and Developer guide (documentation)
- Outlining/structuring/writing curriculum on various tech partners, marketing strategy, and product walkthroughs
- Helping run admin on various products (Github, Articulate Rise, SkillJar)
- Designing games and creative learning resources for events and conferences
- Ability to create and maintain a series of sustainable certification curricula for customers, partners, and the general public.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have at least 1+ years experience with making training content
- You are solid with time management, over-communication, and delivering on time
- Meticulous attention to detail when creating/QAing content
- Takes and gives feedback constructively, in a supportive way
- The ability to take in large quantities of information and organize/distill accordingly
- Understand instructional design principles
- Taking complex concepts and making them seem simple
- Curriculum Design
- Basic Photoshop skills
- Experience with Github and Articulate
- Knowing anything in the Adobe suite
- Any knowledge of marketing technology and the martech ecosystem of products
- Coming from a SaaS/Support background
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily catered lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is non-exempt and is eligible for overtime under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.