WHO WE ARE
Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Braze is seeking a dynamic individual to join our People Team to lead the Learning & Development function. You will have the opportunity to work in an exciting, innovative, team-oriented environment where you will partner with Leadership to execute on enablement efforts mapped to overall business objectives. You will own the enablement function and ensure that all programs are continually being enhanced through best in class content, delivery methods, tools, and best practices. This role will report to the VP, People and will be based in our NYC HQ office.
- Lead and manage Braze’s Learning & Development strategy and team
- Build strong relationships across the Leadership teams in order to inform, support and execute on an enablement strategy;
- Ensure a balance between programs that support the entire employee lifecycle (company onboarding, department onboarding, role development, career development, manager enablement, leadership development, etc), as well as a blended learning approach (instructor-led training, virtual sessions, e-learning, etc);
- Recommend, develop and implement enablement strategies to meet the learning requirements for our business as well as our partners;
- Identify and prioritize mission critical knowledge and skills gaps through ongoing needs assessments;
- Create evaluation mechanisms to test learning efficacy and create opportunities for continuous improvement;
- Master an extensive working knowledge of the Braze platform, and serve as a subject matter expert related to Braze technologies;
- Work in lockstep with the Product Management and Product Marketing teams to identify asset needs to support enablement programs;
- Develop and administer employee, partner and reseller certification programs;
- Design and implement metrics to ensure consistent evaluation and measurement of certifications;
- Improve time to competency while reducing time to productivity / revenue;
- Understand Braze’s client lifecycle and customer behavior data in order to build targeted, function-specific training mapped to the various phases and scenarios throughout the journey.
WHO YOU ARE
- 8+ years of experience in curriculum development, training, and delivery;
- Experience in a sales enablement capacity in an enterprise software and/or SaaS environment;
- Able to partner with sales departments and leaders for sales training programs;
- A keen understanding of how technology can be used to solve business challenges;
- Excellent one-on-one and group presentation skills;
- An ability to actively participate in discussions with management to determine business drivers and map enablement efforts that support those goals;
- A demonstrated awareness of adult learning principles;
- Solid project management skills, with the ability to work with minimal supervision;
- A resourceful, highly-organized self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision;
- An interest in spearheading creative, scalable and repeatable programs, with an ability to uncover untapped enablement potential;
- Able to work in a cross-functional team environment with changing and evolving roles and responsibilities;
- An innate passion and talent for coaching and developing people;
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the tenacity needed to succeed in a start-up environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to assimilate complex concepts and clearly articulate business value;
- A bachelor’s degree.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants to submit a detailed resume. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER
Tech startup vibe including free daily lunches, snacks, and group events. Inclusive and diverse culture. Complete support from your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers. An opportunity to join a market leading company and have an impact.
- Excellent medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Daily lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial, and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.