WHO WE ARE
Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, and listed as #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List, and recognized by The New York Times as ‘The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups’. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
At Braze, we use technology to humanize connections between brands and customers. We believe human beings want to be spoken to like human beings, and technology like ours can help brands do that at scale. We are looking for an experienced writer to join our Content Marketing team to help ignite our sales pipeline and fuel our Demand Generation operations.
You will write search-optimized, informative pieces to help business decision makers discover our solutions, no matter where they are in the customer journey. The Braze platform allows our clients to take their work from basic to brilliant in how they engage their customers, and we need someone who will work across all departments to chronicle those journeys.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate productively with other Braze teams within Marketing (Lifecycle, Operations, Creative Studio, Regional, Experiences) and outside of Marketing (Sales, Business Development, Customer Success, Business Insights, Product, People) throughout the creative process from concept to production.
- Simplify complex and technical concepts into audience-engaging articles.
- Ideate story ideas to populate the editorial calendar based off of keyword research, product releases, industry trends, and client stories.
- Edit freelancer contributions when necessary.
- Drive our thought leadership blogging efforts.
- Contribute to external networks and publications.
- Become our industry expert on SaaS models and customer engagement.
- Ensure that brand voice is consistent across all content.
- Candidate must be on-site in NY
WHO YOU ARE
You are a seasoned B2B writer, with a strong understanding of the SaaS landscape. You have a knack for taking complex technical concepts and products and finding ways to explain them with clear and concise copy. You are well-versed in how content marketing works and are passionate about how important it is to the bottom line. You have a thick skin, an even keel, and thrive in a high-energy working environment.
- 5+ years of professional B2B writing experience
- BFA/BA in Advertising, Writing, English, or a related field
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates versatility and experience within a range of content formats
- Expert in buyer-focused messaging for a B2B audience
- Exceptional communication skills (impeccable writing and editing skills)
- Knowledge of industry tools (AP Style Guide, Word, GSuite)
- Knowledge of SEO fundamentals, including meta tags
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience writing for and/or knowledge of marketing, martech, SaaS and B2B
- Ability to prioritize multiple, demanding tasks simultaneously and with accuracy
- Bonus Points:
- Experience with HTML, CMS's, Keynote, or Adobe InDesign
WHAT WE OFFER
Our aim is to foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals feel respected, are treated fairly, can achieve work-life harmony, and have an opportunity to excel in their careers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401(k)
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance work and life in the way that suits you best
This position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.