WHO WE ARE
Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This role is responsible for all of Braze’s benefits, compensation, leave-of-absence, and related needs.
- Administer and analyze the organization’s comprehensive benefits programs (e.g., medical plans, retirement plans, leave-of-absence and disability policies, wellness programs, insurance policies, etc...).
- Run point on company compensation program, partnering with department heads and managers on team compensation analysis and planning.
- Liaise with Finance and senior leadership on all compensation matters.
- Ensure that the compensation and equity philosophy is applied and understood throughout the organization.
- Assess and analyze salary data to make appropriate recommendations.
- Ensure accuracy of all benefits enrollments in HRIS (e.g. BambooHR) to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Effectively monitors and interprets government regulations, legislation, and benefits trends (e.g FMLA and ADA implications).
- Work directly with insurance brokers and benefits carriers.
- Educate the HR team with front-line knowledge of benefits and compliance-related information.
- Responds to retirement plan inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts.
- Serve as the point person for all benefits-related questions, needs, claim issues and plan changes.
- Advise management on resolving benefits issues.
- Audit and review vendor invoices, resolving disputes, and reporting on fees and costs.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in Human Resources with strong benefits and compliance experience.
- Power user of Payscale and experience with compensation structures and analysis.
- Knowledge of current and emerging Employment Laws.
- Strong ability to build relationships and partner with department heads, managers and staff across the organization.
- Have great attention to detail and able to work confidentially and install confidence in those you are working with.
- Experience working with startups or fast paced environment preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
Tech startup vibe including free daily lunches, snacks, and group events. Inclusive and diverse culture. Complete support from your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers. An opportunity to join a market leading company and have an impact.
- Excellent medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Daily lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial, and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.