WHO WE ARE
Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, and listed as #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List, and recognized by The New York Times as ‘The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups’. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Software Support Engineer in our London office, you will be an essential part of our Global Technical Support Team that owns the post-sale technical relationship with our customers.
Your focus will be to own, prioritize, troubleshoot, and build a response plan for complex inbound customer support issues relating to our platform. As part of our elite support engineering group, you will act as an escalation point helping your teammates in Support and Success with difficult and complex customer issues. You will also have the opportunity to be innovative and forward-thinking with time to create useful tools and documentation that will help our team and our clients be more successful and self-sufficient. Love looking at code? Great! You’ll get a chance to dive into our code base to perform data pull requests and bug fixes. You’ll be the “tip of the spear” in making our customers wildly successful with our platform!
WHO YOU ARE
People say you’re a great communicator and top-tier problem solver! You look for every opportunity to make things better and you’re all about the team. You get a thrill from helping customers and you know that even though the job isn’t easy, you’re making a difference each and every day. You’re naturally curious and you see every problem as an opportunity to learn more or help others (teammates or customers) learn more too.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- BS in Computer Science (or similar experience-based proficiency level)
- Previous experience developing software, fantastic debugging skills
- Excellent communication skills and customer-centric attitude
- Ability to be part of an “on call” after-hours rotation team
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role (Support, Solutions Consulting, etc.), specifically handling complex, time-sensitive escalated issues
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas and communicating them in a way others can easily understand
- Technical domain knowledge of one or more of the following: SaaS, Mobile, APIs.
- Experience in mobile platforms (Android, iOS)
- Experience with most of the following: multithreaded coding, memory/performance debugging, UI development
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent private medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Competitive pension matching
- Daily lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best