Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Braze is looking for a legal Counsel to join our dynamic legal team in our London office. You will be responsible for providing legal counsel to a variety of stakeholders in our rapidly growing organization. As a part of a small legal department, you will report to the Associate General Counsel, Senior Director, EMEA, and will work on a variety of legal matters, with a focus on drafting and negotiating commercial software as a service (“SaaS”) contracts and assisting in privacy matters. On an ad hoc basis, we touch upon corporate, IP, employment, dispute, marketing, supplier, and other matters. You will have the opportunity to help develop and maintain policies and processes, and to collaborate with other teams (including Sales, Finance, Marketing, and People) to determine best practices, as we scale and grow our business, and you will collaborate with colleagues in the US and internationally, to solve intricate problems. We are seeking a team player. This is a great opportunity for a young lawyer to join a leading technology company that is growing quickly and scaling wisely. We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual, quick thinker, ready to roll up his/her sleeves and get going!
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a legal degree
- You have 2-3 years of relevant legal experience; tech industry experience is a plus
- You have strong transactional experience
- Strong interest and knowledge in data protection in general, and GDPR in particular.
- Tech-savvy a must: you need to be comfortable with Office Suite on Mac and Google Suite. Use of track changes in Word and filter and formulas in Excel are part of how we work daily. Familiarity with Slack, Salesforce and DocuSign a plus. Quick to learn how to use new software tools essential.
- Curious about data and reporting on Legal department’s activities through tools.
- You have excellent negotiation, drafting, analytical, and communication skills
- You can manage multiple projects at once and will follow through, meet deadlines and take full responsibility for structuring and prioritizing your time
- You work both collaboratively and autonomously
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy a challenge, are self-motivated with a can-do attitude go the extra mile, and are willing to learn, pitch in and play a significant role.
- Excellent attention to detail
- You have a fantastic sense of humor
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, Pension contributions, life insurance, and maternity and paternity leave policies
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Daily lunch allowance
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial, multicultural and fun loving office culture
- Internal opportunities to join employee resources groups and various task forces enabling you to develop yourself and collaborate with other employees from various offices to do some good within the company and outside.
- “Braze Cares” program which includes volunteering activities and donation matching.
- Tuition fees reimbursement
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best