Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. We’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation Q3 2017 evaluation, recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, and listed as #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Braze is looking for exceptional designers to join our team in New York City this summer. In this role, design interns will work on a myriad of projects on both the marketing and product side. Ideally, we are looking to hire designers with either a focus on UI/UX design and strategy or a passion for clean design targeted at marketing campaigns and presentation of our organization. Design interns should be motivated to work on a variety of projects that challenge their skills as well as learn new things through hands on training.
WHO YOU ARE
- Junior/Senior/Masters University student studying graphic design, UI/UX design, HCI or related field
- Experience with design software such as Sketch, Adobe Suite, Figma, and InVision
- Strong portfolio – that highlights process and critical thinking
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Proactive, strategic, flexible
- Bonus points:
- Experience with Keynote
- Previous experience in a start-up environment
- Previous internship experience either in marketing design, UI/UX design or UX Research
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work alongside other Product Designers and learn about Product Development at Braze
- Participate in customer conversations, script development and research activities
- Design prototypes and communicate ideas to the rest of the team
WHAT WE OFFER
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Compensation for your hard work and many contributions
In addition, this position is non-exempt and is eligible for overtime under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.