Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, and listed as #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List, and recognized by The New York Times as ‘The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups’. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
The VP of Sales, West is a senior management role with responsibility for the West region new business ACV quota across the Enterprise and Digital First sales teams. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience selling SaaS products to Enterprise-level clients, strategic accounts and in higher run-rate environments as well as operating in high growth technology sectors.
The candidate will have a broad network, mature sales acumen and experience in hiring and developing world-class SaaS sales teams as a result of a high performing career in quota carrying roles.
The VP Sales will be responsible for driving large, complex transactions as well as higher cadence transactions, while ensuring consistent and predictable growth and success. The ideal candidate will have experience in marketing automation, CRM, email or related marketing technologies, be a thought-leader for innovation and disruptive technologies, have a “customer-first” mentality and represent Braze within the local ecosystem of employees, customers, partners and other stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Set and execute an aggressive customer acquisition strategy for the region
- Align go-to-market teams (BDR, marketing, value engineering, SolCon, executive) to execute the FY plan and represent a clear, single vision to customers and the marketplace
- Manage overall sales process and provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Hire, nurture and performance manage a team of world-class sales talent
- Be a proactive representative within the senior leadership team
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Minimum of 10 years proven experience in SaaS sales, including Enterprise sales, and consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals
- At least 5 years experience managing a regional team of sales executives, preferably in marketing technology
- Strong track record of recruiting, developing and retaining high performing enterprise sales organization
- Able to work cross-functionally with Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales Operations
- A proven connector in daily life through social media and other mediums
- Up-to-date on digital and application trends, especially in the mobile space
- Proven success navigating large organizations and ability to quickly identify the decision makers and decision-making process for large SaaS investments
- Prior experience in a startup technology company a plus
- Strong operational and analytical abilities
- Outstanding verbal, written and stand-up presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) matching, life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
This position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.