Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A you will be the finance business partner to key functional leaders, responsible for identifying, analyzing and reporting on metrics that reflect business performance; driving a rigorous budgeting and forecasting process. Your focus will be on partnering with budget owners to provide key data insights and metrics; and identifying trends and areas for improvement. Additionally, you will be coordinating with other Finance team members to drive the monthly close.
- Be a trusted advisor as finance business partner to leaders of assigned business areas and lead their budgeting and forecasting activities
- Ensure operational plans are in line with financial budgets and forecast
- Partner with key stakeholders to drive strategy and business direction
- Provide transparency into actual results and forward-looking analysis
- Support financial planning and reporting for key functions
- Take ownership and drive enhancement of core FP&A processes
- Work well in a team environment with changing requirements and competing priorities
- Support ad hoc projects and strategic initiatives
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, including budgeting, forecasting, and reporting
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Track record of strong collaboration with business partners
- Demonstrated ability to turn financial data into relevant insights that support sound decisions
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities with competing deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot tables and complex formulas
- Strong understanding of SaaS metrics and ability to analyze these metrics to identify business opportunities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly-organized, detail-oriented, flexible team-player
- Bonus points:
- Investment banking, Private Equity or Public Accounting experience
- Experience with Netsuite, Salesforce and Adaptive Insights
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily catered lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.