WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Citi, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 1.8 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and as one of Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to work.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco and Singapore. And we have over 400 employees and are growing!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a People Business Partner, you will serve as a trusted resource and confidant to employees, a strategic consultant to management on employee relations issues, and lead human resources initiatives. You will be empowered to have direct ownership over a variety of projects and work. This role will be based at our New York City headquarters and is an awesome opportunity to bring your people relations experience to a fast-growing tech company!
Here are some of the things you’ll do:
- Provide guidance and assistance to management on a broad range of HR policies and compliance, practices, and programs
- Act as a thought partner with managers to improve departmental people-related priorities
- Advise employees by taking a consultative approach to help them enhance their working relationships, plan and execute on their career goals, and be impactful and successful contributors to the Braze team
- Serve as an initial point of contact and intermediary for managers and employees, and offer advice, counseling, and training on employee relations matters
- Be both an advocate for employees and a champion for the business
- Work hand-in-hand with leadership and management to diagnose organizational design and development needs; increase employee motivation, engagement, productivity, and retention; recommend and implement solutions to continuously build morale; and drive our engaging and exciting culture!
- Coach leadership and management on workforce and succession planning to identify and take action on critical talent
- Evaluate training programs and determine training needs for both individuals and teams
- Analyze workforce trends utilizing technology and data with the People Operations team
- Build and implement people-focused programs that align with Braze’s mission, values, culture, and goals
- Serve as a valued partner to other People team functions (People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, and Operational Excellence)
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a highly-motivated, enthusiastic, and passionate HR practitioner who is able to balance the needs of the business with the needs of our people!
Specifically, you have:
- 1-2 years of specific HR business partner or relevant experience (start-up/tech industry experience preferred)
- 3-5+ years of full-time professional work experience (business and HR experience preferred)
- A strong understanding and experience with HR best practices and employee relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and cross-functional collaboration skills
- A strategic mindset and a “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude -- no task is too small for you
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and be adaptable as situations require
- Robust multitasking skills and comfort wearing many hats at once
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to make a significant impact on the Braze team and business
- A team that is diverse and inclusive
- A collaborative and transparent environment that offers a true sense of partnership and camaraderie
- Support from your peers across the People team and other departments who do what it takes to get the job done
- A competitive compensation package consisting of a base salary, performance-based bonus, and equity
- A comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; disability, critical illness and accident, and life insurance; commuter benefits; company-matched 401(k); and parental leave
- Flexible time off to facilitate harmony between your work and personal lives
- Learning and development opportunities so you can advance your career, and fun social events!
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, and beverages
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.