WHO WE ARE
Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that forms strong bonds between people and the brands they love. We empower brands to humanize their connections with customers through technology, resulting in better experiences and increased retention, lifetime value, and ROI. Teams use Braze to deliver highly personalized messaging experiences that span across channels, platforms, and devices. This is made possible by our stack, which is located at the core of a modern marketing technology ecosystem.
Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees. Our offices are located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve received the Digiday Signal Award for Best CRM, in addition to being named VentureBeat Omnichannel MMA’s “Best Bet,” a Cloud100 Rising Star in Forbes, and #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re on the hunt for a seasoned player to head the Braze Content Marketing team in the NYC office to help push Braze Content Marketing to the next level. You and your team will have a measurable and growing impact on company owned/earned impressions, leads & acquisition, and overall OKRs.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a positive, sleeves-rolled-up leader and practitioner who thrives on navigating the shifting priorities of a rapidly evolving tech space. You pride yourself on being a nimble strategist and an articulate communicator and relish change as an opportunity to blaze new trails.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Content Marketing lead, you will drive strategy to distinguish Braze from competitors and elevate the company’s reputation as an innovative thought-leader within the customer engagement space, while raising awareness globally, amongst both digital-first and enterprise companies. You’ll partner with the company’s leadership team to position Braze for its next decade of success and growth.
- Motivate, mentor, and grow a team of creative, innovative communicators
- Identify and leverage macro trends to inform and position business narratives and content strategies
- Create multi-layered content strategies & plans from long to short form, across a mix of formats
- Ensure that brand voice is consistent across all content from promotional to educational long-form writing, yet appropriate for the respective format
- Analyze content initiatives for performance against department OKRs
- Use data-backed rationales to optimize content initiatives over time
- Assess and build future-state plans based on corporate growth needs
- Collaborate productively with other Braze teams within marketing (Lifecycle, Operations, Creative Studio, Regional, Experiences) and outside of marketing (Leadership, Sales, Business Development, Customer Success, Business Insights, Product, People)
- Encourage and contribute to a growing roster of influential and subject-matter expert contributors to Braze content
WHO YOU ARE
- 9+ years experience
- Exceptional communication skills (Impeccable writing and editing skills)
- Fluency with a range of content formats across various media
- Experience with oversight of external contributors
- Proven track record of building and motivating effective teams and fostering individuals’ career development
- Facility with data
- Must have an executive presence being able to provide strategic counsel/recommendations to senior leadership
- Active interest in and curiosity about the evolving MarTech industry
- Previous experience in B2B tech a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
Our aim is to foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals feel respected, are treated fairly, can achieve work-life harmony, and have an opportunity to excel in their careers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401(k)
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance work and life in the way that suits you best
This position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.