Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. We’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation Q3 2017 evaluation, recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, and listed as #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Braze is looking for a Regional Marketing director to align with local North American (NA) go-to-market teams to drive attainment of quarterly and annual revenue targets. This role will develop regionalized marketing programs for the NA go-to-market teams through a portfolio of strategic programs that include creating market development plans, prospecting campaigns, high touch activations, and select field events. If you have a passion for connecting people and product, we’d love to have you join our growing marketing team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Braze NA Marketing Lead will work cross-functionally to develop foundational marketing programs and processes, and deploy them as part of the overall NA market-centric strategy that supports its local teams on revenue attainment. The role is part liaison, part advocate, and part strategic consultant. It requires a strong and differentiated marketing background, experience working in a matrixed environment, utmost organization of priorities, and the ability to empathize with, and advocate for, teams within and outside of marketing. You’ll be the glue that connects local marketing campaigns to global HQ marketing campaigns and vice versa within North America. To do that, you’ll need to build strong relationships across the organization–and even stronger relationships with your cross-functional partners within Marketing at HQ–to ensure that regionalized programs are smoothly, and fully, executed.
- Lead the NA Regional Marketing strategy to direct local execution that will deliver on revenue goals.
- Partner with regional Sales leaders, as well as the global Marketing team, to develop and build programs that are scalable and predictable for NA local markets.
- Serve as the voice of the region with respect to regional nuances and differentiators to/from the field that will allow for a constant feedback loop, externally and internally, to iterate and evolve programs.
- Create repeatable, predictable programs that build off of global demand generation activities–from concept and implementation to optimization–for the NA region through activations that scale across channels (online and offline) to expand the Braze footprint locally.
- Be the local face of the brand and serve as a host of specific activations, as well as a co-lead custom programs with local leadership; deep knowledge of demo environments and market positioning capabilities are a must.
- Foster the growth of the people on the NA Regional team including mentorship to drive professional growth, governance to ensure scalable best practices and programs are learned and executed on, and direction to guide the execution of Regional strategy.
- Deliver on regional buying cycle metrics and OKRs with an laser focus on data, specifically leading the local forecasting, measurement, and analysis of the NA Marketing Program impact and the levers that can be pulled to drive additional business.
- Travel into various markets and interface directly with customers, prospects, and partners to support lead generation and pipeline development efforts including hands-on involvement in execution of live programs.
WHO YOU ARE
- 10+ years experience in the areas of marketing
- Experience at B2B SaaS company
- Experience with regionalized pipeline generation strategy and implementation, including working closely with Sales and Customer Success teams.
- Experience as a digital marketing manager and/or events lead; account based marketing experience a plus
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills to work with and maintain long-term relationships with customers, prospects, and influencers
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to juggle multiple, demanding tasks simultaneously and with accuracy
- High aptitude for looking at problems as opportunities, and working cross departmentally to create unique solutions to solve them for the benefit of regional programs and/or the company
- Familiarity with tech and marketing communities; familiarity with SaaS business communities a plus
- Travel required
- Bachelor degree required
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) matching, life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.