Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced UX researcher with an entrepreneurial mindset. Research is a part of Braze’s product design DNA. We are seeking an enterprising researcher to lead the charge on using UX research to add value at every stage of software development. While most of our designers and product managers have traditionally sought to improve the user experience of our product by conducting research activities on their own, we are looking for someone that can bring those activities under a single research practice. That said, we need someone who excels at forging relationships across nearly every department in the company, working with designers, product managers, as well as Customer Success, Sales, and Support teams. You are highly-organized, a cogent presenter of information, and find speaking with many people throughout the course of the day enjoyable.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Our product team relies on a number of qualitative and quantitative data points to understand our customers, and inform product decisions. You will help to formalize, and in many cases, rethink, the processes and methods we have in place currently, while, in other cases, establish methods and processes that we don’t currently have in place, but should. You will initially be our most senior researcher, setting standards as you conduct your own research. This includes developing research plans, surveys, and scripts, moderating interviews, conducting usability tests, and creating reports, analyses, and presentations for a variety of audiences that include executives, product owners, and development teams. As you grow the team to meet the needs of the business, you will likely focus more of your energy on developing insights with various leaders across the organization, while continuing to mentor researchers and designers on best practices. This role will offer the opportunity to mold an ideal research practice in an organization that already understands its value.
WHO YOU ARE
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience developing research plans, and moderating interviews
- Extensive knowledge of how, and when, to employ various research methods (e.g. generative, evaluative, informal, formal, etc…)
- Penchant for documentation, and knowledge-sharing
- People-management experience of direct reports
- Ability to synthesize disparate sources of quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong presentation skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- At least 5 years of professional research experience
WHAT CAPTURES OUR ATTENTION
- Experience building a UX research practice in a startup environment from scratch, or
- Experience as a researcher in a well-established user research organization
- Experience facilitating design sprints
- Advanced degree in HCI, design, or related field
- Experience working on a SaaS product
- Experience in an Agile organization
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Matching 401K
- Daily catered lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is non-exempt and is eligible for overtime under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.