WHO WE ARE
Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As the head of Engagement Marketing, you will drive the company efforts to grow a team of best-in-class engagement marketers and lead them to utilize demand generation strategies and tactics to serve as the engine of predictable, repeatable growth for Braze.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a leader who is passionate about demand generation, marketing to other marketers, growing and developing teams, and thrive in a growth environment. You are curious–about the future and current state of the marketing industry and the constant transformation impacting brands, affected by technology evolution–and seek out data, facts, and insights to constantly iterate and evolve marketing efforts to match the market demands. You are a cross-functional leader who is comfortable with both high-level thinking and execution, and you relish change as an opportunity to blaze new trails.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As head of Engagement Marketing, you’ll lead the team that drives demand creation and fulfillment for the Braze business. You’ll partner with the company’s leadership to develop, produce, and iterate on strategies and plans that create business growth.
- Deliver a world-class demand generation function at Braze that achieves predictable growth
- Produce scale and efficiency in process and execution at every stage of the funnel through cross-functional teamwork (Marketing, Sales, BDRs, Revenue Ops) to drive pipeline and revenue for Braze
- Understand what drives results at each stage of the pre-Sales journey by persona and company type–across both inbound lead acquisition as well as outbound account-wide engagement tactics.
- Evaluate and drive the charge on a new Marketing framework for measurement that matches the evolving landscape.
- Drive business impact/ROI for global sales cycles
- Laser focus on business goals and KPIs from qualified leads and MQLs to pipeline and closed won business quarterly/yearly.
- Demonstrate revenue impact through dashboards and reporting including budget management and technology infrastructure to adapt to learnings in real-time.
- Partner with Revenue Ops to ensure our database is governed for segmentation excellence with an eye on driving growth in acquisition, opt-ins (especially wrt GDPR regulation), and data integrity.
- Ensure the Sales team has tools, clarity, and lead-time for turnkey and tentpole programs, content, events to effectively reach key results.
- Build repeatable programs from concept and implementation to optimization
- Accountable for strategizing, developing, and helping the team execute on programs that hit pipeline and revenue goals based on data to recognize patterns.
- Proactively partner with product marketing, insights & communications, and brand marketing to build out initiatives and campaigns that drive revenue–weaving them directly into a master demand generation engine that supports personas and company types and allows for a fluid feedback loop on program needs.
- Includes: industry conference/trade shows, placements for high-value lead generation, PPC and SEM/SEO, webinars, website, etc.
- Foster the growth of the people on the team
- Inspire the Engagement Marketing team on strategic programs and lead them as a player-coach with a no-task is too small for you approach
- Mentor and grow existing employees through ongoing coaching and career ladder development so they have clear paths to grow and meet our business demands
- Proven track record of building and motivating effective teams and fostering individuals’ career development
- Prior experience leading successful demand generation marketing initiatives across channels, lifecycle stages, and for various global audiences and buyer personas
- Expertise with data, both as the basis of driving inbound/outbound/account progress and for analysis of program results
- In-depth knowledge of account-based marketing, paid media tactics, and growth marketing strategies
- Cross-functional leader who thrives on collaboration to drive business success
- In-depth knowledge of the latest techniques in technology solutions (e.g. Salesforce, Bizible/Marketo, Engagio, Braze)
- Previous experience in B2B tech, SaaS
- Experience in growth role at consumer company a plus
- Active interest and curiosity about the evolving MarTech industry
- 15+ years experience
WHAT WE OFFER
Our aim is to foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals feel respected, are treated fairly, can achieve work-life harmony, and have an opportunity to excel in their careers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401(k)
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance work and life in the way that suits you best
This position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.