Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. We’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation Q3 2017 evaluation, recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, and listed as #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are looking for an enthusiastic story-teller to join our Product Team to evangelize our email product. If not already a Product Evangelist, you would be coming from a Solutions Consulting or Product Marketing background. This is a key role within our product team that will strategize and partner with teams such as product marketing, enablement, sales, and support to build deep knowledge of our email platform. The evangelist will help enable and educate various stakeholders on the value of our email product.
- Own the execution of our email evangelism, and be the conduit between our product and go-to-market email strategy
- Engage regularly with the community via Slack, forums, Meetups, and trainings
- Research and generate content such as blog posts, troubleshooting/FAQ documents, case studies, and webinars
- Partner with the marketing team to identify initiatives such as conferences, webinars, and technical event sponsorship
- Work with enablement, sales, and customer success leadership to optimize our training materials for email
- Help traditional email marketers become sophisticated cross-channel marketers using the Braze platform
WHO YOU ARE
- 4-6 years experience in the software industry working as an evangelist, solutions consultant, product manager, or product marketer
- Experience in the email marketing and/or marketing automation industries
- Passion for developing expertise in a subject and engaging users
- Excellent communication skills, including speaking at conferences, conducting training, and articulating feedback (written/verbal) to internal teams
- Demonstrable experience directly researching and authoring sales and customer-facing content
- Proven experience writing high-quality thought leadership content of different lengths (e.g. blog posts, whitepapers)
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team and balance multiple projects at once.
- Ability to collaborate with senior stakeholders across multiple functions & geographies and establish buy-in.
- Eagerness to learn and grow.
- Bonus Points:
- Established reputation in the email community
- Previous experience working in a SaaS environment
- Community building experience, including organizing meetups
- Experience at high-growth and high-scale startups
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily lunches, snacks, and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun-loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.