WHO WE ARE
Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that forms strong bonds between people and the brands they love. We empower brands to humanize their connections with customers through technology, resulting in better experiences and increased retention, lifetime value, and ROI. Teams use Braze to deliver highly personalized messaging experiences that span across channels, platforms, and devices. This is made possible by our stack, which is located at the core of a modern marketing technology ecosystem.
Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees. Our offices are located in New York City, San Francisco, and London. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve received the Digiday Signal Award for Best CRM, in addition to being named VentureBeat Omnichannel MMA’s “Best Bet,” a Cloud100 Rising Star in Forbes, and #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Assistant Controller will lead and manage all aspects of the month-end financial close, including
multiple accounting functions and operational processes, as well as provide strategic support and
analysis. This role will work closely with the Legal, Sales, Financial Planning and Analysis, Revenue
Operations and Professional Service teams. The Assistant Controller will build a high-performing team
through hands-on coaching and development.
- Oversee the General Ledger, Revenue Recognition, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and
Cash Collection teams
- Lead and mentor a top tier team to support the company’s rapid growth and the career
development of team members
- Mange the full cycle general ledger monthly close process and related activities to ensure
accounts are properly reconciled, reported and in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Manage/coordinate regular closing activities such as journal entries, reconciliations and review
transactions for proper accounting treatment
- Responsible for monthly flux variance analysis and thorough understanding of accounts
- Assist with process improvement and automation across all areas of Finance
- Coordinate and manage the implementation of new accounting guidance as required
- Draft, maintain and promote policies and procedures related to SOX controls, corporate policies
and procedures and related GAAP requirements
- Coordinate audits and the preparing and gathering of required audit information, preparation of
financial statements and footnotes in accordance with GAAP, and preparation of tax accounts
- Assist in managing treasury functions of the company across subsidiaries—approving and
executing payments etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with business leaders. Enhance cross-functional collaboration by
fostering trust, commitment, accountability and results
- Participate in key strategic initiatives and assist with other ad hoc projects
- Interact with C level executives and the Board of Directors regarding financial matters as needed
- 5+ years of relevant work experience driving the corporate accounting policies and processes
- 3+ years leading a team of accounting professionals, with a proven record of mentoring and
developing high performing teams
- SaaS or Software Company revenue recognition experience
- Problem solving and decision-making capacity in a high growth environment
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP and SOX 404
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manages competing priorities, and adhere to tight
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization, from clerical staff to executives, and
manage relationships with external parties
- US public company experience
- IPO Experience
- Experience implementing ASC 606
- Experience with Netsuite, Salesforce and Adaptive Insights
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily catered lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.