Braze (formerly Braze) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for a talented mobile engineer to be our first Forward Deployed Engineer on the Onboarding and Integrations Team. We work closely with our customers during onboarding to integrate the Braze SDK. You’ll be side-by-side with the product and engineering teams at some of the fastest growing and most innovative brands, like Postmates, Microsoft, ibotta, Domino’s, and OkCupid. For many of these companies, the mobile app is their flagship product and the face of their brand. You’ll work with brands like these as an extension of their team to help solve their challenges with customer engagement.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing mobile applications, working with APIs, and have great people skills. You should have examples of projects that you’ve managed end-to-end from design to finished product. You should be great at managing your own time, breaking down complicated problems, troubleshooting, and rapidly iterating on a product.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with the world's best application developers to supercharge their user experience with the Braze SDK. Gain exposure to numerous apps, teams, and environments.
- Problem solve to build solutions that solve real customer challenges.
- Integrate the Braze iOS, Android, and Web SDKs into customers’ mobile and web applications.
- Collaborate with the onboarding team to understand customer requirements and goals. You’ll also work with these teams to document what’s been delivered.
- Work directly with customers engineering teams to understand their code base and development environments.
- Travel to Braze’s global customer base to support their teams on-site.
- Test and QA your code or support the customer in their QA process.
- Improve our documentation to make it easier for all of our customers to use Braze’s SDKs.
WHAT YOU HAVE
Who will be successful as a Integration Engineer:
- 2+ years of experience in mobile development.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a user-centric attitude.
- High level of intellectual curiosity. You see opportunity and growth in learning more about what you do and how it impacts others.
- You have experience working as a consultant or on a professional services team.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) matching, life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.