Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our team in New York City. Product Managers at Braze build the product roadmap for a given product area and work closely with engineers and product designers to bring new products to life.
You’ll join Braze’s Platforms & Channels team, building the Braze SDKs and the dashboard UI that allows our customers run rich, sophisticated marketing campaigns. The Platforms & Channels team operates at high scale in an exciting technology environment, and covers a wide scope of activities from optimizing our high-scale SDKs to investigating and prototyping new expansions to our platform. You’ll work on a wide range of cutting-edge projects, from enhancing software libraries that reach billions of end users, to streamlining our SDK integration processes or driving the exploration of new emerging technologies, such as AR/VR or connected home devices.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Deliver the product roadmap, ensuring that we are building the right products excellently.
- Manage the product roadmap for our Platforms & Channels team – analyzing inputs from a wide variety of sources to prioritize the most important next steps for our product.
- Deeply understand our customers, market, and technology environment. The Platforms & Channels team operates in a rapidly evolving technology ecosystem, and staying on top of the landscape in which we operate is a must.
- Collaborate closely with Product Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, and counterparts across the business to scope effective solutions and ensure that we’re building excellent products.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of Product Management experience. Experience building products as a startup CEO / technical founder / engineer will be considered equivalent.
- Strong communication, collaboration, organization, and persuasion skills.
- A proactive, positive, can-do attitude. You drive projects to completion excellently, and are always looking for new ways that processes and products can be improved.
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team and balance multiple projects at once.
- Strong technical experience – you understand how distributed systems and mobile technology products work.
- Eagerness to learn and grow.
- Bonus Points:
- Experience with mobile technology, especially as an Android / iOS developer, is very strongly preferred.
- Experience at a high-growth technology startup.
- Experience at a high-scale technology startup (we operate at the scale of billions of users).
- Deep knowledge of any of the following technology areas:
- AR / VR
- Connected Home
- Connected Set-Top Devices (Apple TV, Roku)
- Voice Assistants
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.