WHO WE ARE
Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees. Our offices are located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve received the Digiday Signal Award for Best CRM, in addition to being named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, a Cloud100 Rising Star in Forbes, and #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a multifaceted, collaborative Intern to work across a variety of marketing channels with a focus on site design, email, banner, and social assets, including motion graphics for animated experiences and short videos. Other work will include traditional marketing materials such as presentations, brochures, postcards, and branded print collateral for events. You will partner with cross-discipline teams to activate the Braze brand voice and vision, driving sales of our innovative technology among other business goals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist in drafting brand standards and producing assets to aid with consistency.
- Assist with maintaining/compiling vendor and freelance resource lists, including video, photo and illustration.
- Assist with ongoing rollout of our mascot aimed at internal and customer facing communications
- Execute article graphics to be published on our site and promoted through social media.
- Research competitive landscape to help inform how we differentiate our visual aesthetic.
- Research internal data and metrics to be leveraged for optimizing our creative for performance.
WHO YOU ARE
- Available to commit to a three month internship, upon start date
- Currently be enrolled in 4 year university pursuing a degree in one of the related fields: Design, Communications, Marketing, Advertising
- Interested in pursuing a career in design across mediums
- Possess a portfolio that demonstrates versatility and a broad range of design knowledge and skills
- Knowledgeable of industry tools (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and AfterEffects, plus Sketch or equivalent)
- Knowledgeable of website design fundamentals, including responsive best practices
- Experience working with developers and communicating design specifications
- Experience creating print materials for press and content-heavy collateral
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to juggle multiple, demanding tasks simultaneously and with accuracy
- Prior internship experience in design or marketing strongly preferred
- Bonus Points:
- Proficiency with HTML, Keynote, Adobe Animate, Adobe XD, and Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro.
- Ability to illustrate abstract concepts.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Compensation for your hard work and many contributions
In addition, this position is non-exempt and is eligible for overtime under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.