Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a “Top 10 Upstart” by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for a talented leader to manage our growing post-sales Customer Success team across the Americas. The VP, Customer Success will focus on driving strong customer adoption of Braze technology, and positive business outcomes for Braze customers. The ideal candidate will have significant experience managing and maturing Customer Success teams at high-growth startups, working across a wide range of customer types and industries. This role is based in either San Francisco, or New York City.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead an organization of Customer Success Managers across multiple regions who are responsible for widespread adoption of Braze technology across our customer base, and ultimately for achieving or surpassing Braze’s dollar renewal rate targets.
- Define and mature an organizational structure for scale that is cost efficient, yet does not sacrifice our high standard of excellence when providing support to customers
- Hire and nurture new talent into our Customer Success organization that is equipped to meet the demands of our rapidly evolving business and customer base
- Develop KPIs, manage performance, and establish career path opportunities for the Customer Success team, alongside your counterpart who oversees our EMEA and APAC regions
- Shape our service offerings, and response level commitments, commensurate to the level of effort required to properly service customers and improve renewal rates
- Partner with the engineering, product, enablement, sales and technical support teams to ensure positive customer outcomes
- Prioritize and funnel customer feedback to the Customer Experience and Product Management team to optimize the user experience with Braze
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree with MS or MBA preferred
- 10+ years experience successfully leading a distributed Customer Success team, ideally in a B2B SaaS environment
- Proven track record of successfully managing a team within established budget parameters, and allocating resources effectively based on internal and external demands
- Ability to hire and mentor team members, including more technical and more strategic resources
- Excellent interpersonal skills and empathy for customers
- Significant experience building customer relationships at senior level and handling escalations
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas and communicating them in a way others can easily understand
- High level of intellectual curiosity -- you see opportunity and growth in learning more about what you do and how it impacts others
- An understanding of enterprise technology
- Domain knowledge of Mobile, Web, Marketing Automation and Marketing Analytics are a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily catered lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.